George Bensen - Absolutely Live DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jan 14, 2004.

1. As you may of guessed this thread is about the dvd, i sound like a total any way..i would rate this as one of the must have music dvd's....

who here has seen it? his rendition of danny boy was almost made me cry....:bawl:

as i said with it being of the must my collection it joins.....

Rhcp, off the map, greatest hits, what hits, and slone castle
    Led Zeppelin
    Stevie Ray in texas, Live at the el mocambo
    joe satriani... live in san fran

as soon as i find standing in the shadows of motown it'll join the collection too

But George bensen...if you dont find any inspiration from this living ledgend....well...all i gotta say're the one missing out :p

cheers heath
  2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Who's the bass player? On "Absolute Benson", the CD - Christian McBride played some good stuff - DB and BG. I would certainly buy it, if he was playing!!
  3. theres a few...but mostly its stanley banks...a ledgend...he's played with mr benson for 25-27 years...i've only just got into mr benson in depth but i read an interview with stanley banks (bass player - march 2003) and he says that he hasn't missed anything yet....either would i...i would give anything to play with that man....

it also says that stanley plays a custom ESP jazz bass through a swr mo'bass head and 2 swr goliath 3 cabs

cheers heath