George Carlin

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soupy112, May 9, 2004.

1. So....

It is finally here, George Carlin is coming to my endearing little town for a show. I have been looking forward to this date for months now. How sweet it is. I am actually on my way out the door, but I was just wanting some opinions. I know mine, I think he is hilarious, but has anyone else seen him? This will be my first time seeing him, only second time going to a comedy show. I am pumped.

Main reason I was asking was due to the fact that most of my friends that are my age have never heard of him. Come on now, seriously. Tell me there are more people out there other than me who love this guy.

Oh and for the record, I am a shade under twenty, so my friends are about the same age.
  2. George rules!

I used to have several of his stand up tapes back in the 80's. One of my fav comedians ever!
    You are love to see his routine!

Prepare to laugh your a$$ off! :D

Btw..Rufus rules! :D
  3. oh I am. I am going with one of my roommates and we have just been sitting here listening to some of his old stuff.

OH! the anticipation! :hyper:
  4. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I love his 'Words' routine, not the seven words you can't say on TV, just words. It's the one where he says if you string words together that don't usually go together, you can tell a story that hasn't been told before: "Big bats down to one four four, over cross up the thing No? Nose baseball heiroglyphics hopscotch plank, inevitably two four eight four eight..." It goes on like that.

When telemarketers wake me up ( I work nights/sleep days,) I ask if I can call them back at home whilt they're asleep and then I start the 'Words' babble: 'Big bats down to..."

They usually hang up.
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    George rules.

6. YES

what a great show... still awe-struck.
  7. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks

Sorry. I am drunk.
  8. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    George Carlin is one of the funniest guys ever.

He and Robin Williams live acts are the funniest things i've ever seen.
  9. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I once heard George ask
    "why do we park in the driveway and drive on the parkway?"
  10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    "Hey, how y'all doin tonight? Good? Well, F**K YOU! Just tryin to make you feel at home..."
  11. (sigh of relief)

so glad to be among George lovers. :smug:
  12. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    hilarious guy! I love his stuff about fencing off square states and making them into prisons!
  13. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    hmmm... ya its weird... alot of people i know... know him... but i still find ones that dont:/

He is great... i love alot of standups here in states:p hotz is great out of newish ones:p
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ok, I'll be the unpopular voice. I honestly feel that both Carlin and Williams are two of the most overrated comedians around. I think both were funnier in their younger days and both have made me laugh but I've never found either as funny as most people seem to and these days I think their schtick has gotten pretty stale. Especially Williams but Carlin as well.

brad cook
  15. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Saw him in the 70's. Here was the line-up - G. Carlin followed by Joe Cocker & the Grease Band, followed by The Who, followed by the headliners, Led Zeppelin.

Zeppelin cancelled at the last minute, so Carlin came on early and was so stoned, he couldn't remember most of his rants or punchlines! It was really sad. I'm sure he has his s*** together, now.