Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

George Dennis Bassic 200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slacker, Mar 27, 2003.

1. slacker

slacker

Nov 27, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    George Dennis Bassic 200. An all tube bass amp made in the Czech Republic. Very "boutique" vibe.

Has anyone ever seen on of these in the flesh? Do they even exist? Any idea who handles their sales in the US?

[​IMG]

I can find a whole whopping ONE review on Google, most hits are just links to the George Dennis website. A search here on TalkBass wasn't too helpfull, either. I would appreciate any leads or info.

Thanks.

2. I live in Europe and here it's also very difficult to find them or any information about them...

They're very rare but it seems that they are very good. There was an article on them in "Gitarre & Bass" (a very good German magazine) one year ago.

3. slacker

slacker

Nov 27, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    Yes, I read the interview in Gitarre & Bass, they seemed very taken with the Bassic 200. They were at the Namm show a couple of years ago, also. Anyone who played this amp raved about it.

I wonder if the factory was damaged or lost in the Czech flood of '02.

4. Hi there
    George Dennis Bassic 200 is indeed very boutique. Even here in the Czech republic, where they are made, it costs about 1300$ or 1200 Euros. Overseas it'll be probably much more. But... they are definitely worth the money. Your problem is, that you might won't have a chance to try it, cause yes, they are rare. If you are into all-tube amps capable of old Fender or Ampeg vibe to modern tight sounds... that ,ight be your choice. Try contact them at http://www.george-dennis.cz/, I am pretty sure they have distributor in US and they are still alive.

5. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I have had the great pleasure of trying one of these. They are very high quality amps. I tested one when I was visiting Las Vegas. If you go on the George Dennis website you can find the distributors website. You'd think it would be more expensive in the U.S. but for the price I was quoted(<$1,000) it has to be one of the best all-tube bass amps around.