Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

George Foreman Griddle

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Feb 2, 2005.

1. My stepdad got one of these for Christmas, and let me tell you..............Foreman rocks!!!! We cook almost everything on it now and it tastes GREAT! I used to be an Ali fan, but hell, Foreman is the MAN! Any other fans?

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    My boss says couldn't live with it. Never tried one though.

I wouldn't mind having one of those Rotary ovens that that old guy is always trying to sell.

3. No bachelor pad is complete without.

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    One of the greatest inventions ever! Although, it squishes grilled cheese sandwiches too much.

5. I agree with these words on this page

6. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My parents got one for Christmas too, and I agree, it rules. It's so foolproof my mom can cook for once. The best invention since sliced bread, for sure.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Call me old fashioned but I prefer the stove in my kitchen or a regular grill.

brad cook

8. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Just last week, my wife insisted that I throw two steaks on ours instead of going out in the snow and firing up the grill. The damned thing ruined the steaks, tasted like crap.

I'm sticking with a real grill for the quality meats . . .

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Hrm.

Whenever I try to make pancakes, the batter just runs off. Stupid defective machine!

10. like it was said in here before, if you've got a fine piece of meat, use the real grill for sure, but if you've got something like a quick-fry steak and are too hungry to wait long, it rules. it also makes a mean chicken breast, covered in hotsauce, garlic power and pepper. ummmmmmmmmm

11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Works great for burgers or boneless skinless chicken. Not so great for steaks or chops.

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yea, I dig 'em, works really nicely for burgers.

13. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    how do franks and sausages turn out on it?

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Another big +1 for the Foreman Grill brigade :D!

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    One night Michael Caine was on Conan O'Brian and Conan mentioned George Foreman and Caine had a blank look on his face. Finally he goes "Oh is that the fellow with the stove?" It was funny the way he said it and the way Conan reacted....and just that the former 2 timme heavyweight boxing champion has now become "The fellow with the stove."

Anyway you reminded me of that because Caine then said that his daughter gave him one of the grills and he was trying to cook "bangers" on it but they kept rolling around.

brad cook

16. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I had a Geo Forman Lean Mean Grilling Machine and wore it out! The repalcement I got is a Black and Decker. I liek it better becuase the grills snap out for easier cleaning.

Tip: the easiest way to clean a Lean Mean Grilling Machine is to;
    1. wait for the unti to cool down
    2. take a paer towel sheet and saturate it with water
    3. put the paper towel between the grills
    4. Wait 20 minutes

Whatever you grilled will be thorughly softened and slide right off teh teflon surface.

17. I'm not a huge fan of inventions that make you lazier in things that I personally feel should involve more work.
    I just feel more satisfied if I cook a meal on the stove than if I zap a DiGiorno or pop a chicken breast on the Foreman.

Besides the fact that I rarely, if ever, eat things that can be cooked on the George Foreman Grill. If he made a lean, mean, stir-frying machine...I wouldn't buy it.

18. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    in fact, i'm wearing a george foreman girdle right now.

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I've tried it, but my soup never comes out right. :(

20. I find it does a great job with burgers. Haven' tried anything else on it, though. I do hate the fact that you can't remove the grilling surfaces to clean them.