1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

George Furlanetto L5 trade/cash feeler...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ThumbyAche, Sep 23, 2008.

1. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Ok, just so everyone knows..It's highly possible I will change my mind as this bass is not only rare....it's FREAKING AWESOME! This is probably the first of what may be a lot of gear posted soon. I'm hoping for a trade/cash deal that gets me some money plus a lighter 5-string or a really good P-bass. Something like a Lull P4, USA Lakland Glaub or a Nordy VJ5 with maple fingerboard. I could be talked into a Suhr jazz with Rosewood fingerboard if somebody has one..
    This bass gets played but not nearly as much as it should. I have more pics but let me know what you got. This was originally sold at the bass at Bass Exchange in Los Angeles. It's currently in Excellent condition. I might consider selling outright but would like to look at trade/cash deals first. $2400 shipped/paypal ok.

GCF (George Furlanetto Custom) L5:
    First off..the bass was made by George Furlanetto himself and has his signature on the back of the headstock (can provide more pics)

Neck:One-piece maple with maple fingerboard
    shape: flatter profile than the BN5
    frets: small vintage style
    Tuners: Gotoh GB-7
    Body: One piece Ash
    finish: Autumnburst
    Pups/pre: F-Bass
    bridge: Hipshot B
    weight: 10 lbs even on my scale.

comes with F-Bass gigbag

Hopefully you can see some of the differences between the BN5 (black) and the L5 (Autumnburst)

Attached Files:

2. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Bump.. A few things I'm considering but still looking at them.

3. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Bump for a one of a kind bass. I think there is only a handful of these ever made. Justin, good luck with the sale, I wish I could take this off your hands.

4. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Thanks Jonboy! You played it so you know how hard this is for me... Gonna play it tonight in fact for which could change my mind (hope my other basses sell first). :D
    Anyway there is one offer that is tempting me for trades but I will make a decision soon so if there are any Nordy VJ5's (would consider straight trades), Lull V4's, P4's (the right 2008 Fender P or Lakland SL Glaub plus cash might be ok) or Suhr (rosewood fingerboard) plus some cash to me then I would surely listen.
    Gilsonite....I'm still thinking man...believe me.

5. [Gilsonite....I'm still thinking man...believe me.[/QUOTE]

Cool... I hope we can work something out....:cool:

6. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    thinking through the weekend (on a current offer)...anybody else?....Nordy VJ5's, Glaub's, Lull's, Fender 2008's, Suhr's? Cash would be nice even if it's trade/cash (to me)..
    Played this bass last night and AWESOME!

7. speyer

speyer Supporting Member

I never thought you had it in you to do THIS !!! a GFC on the market... HOT!

8. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Been hearing that ALL week long man... If my other two basses sell first this post would probably be history. Still might be... I may just sell all my wife's shoes... shhhhh :D

9. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    last attempt or I will probably just keep it and find other items to sell. Price posted $2400 shipped/paypal ok.
    Trade/cash (to me) deals are good if you have a Suhr, Lull V4 or P4, Lakland Glaub. I have more pics if you are serious. Thanks!

10. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    How about $50, an old sock, and 5 magic beans? Justin, you know me man, these beans are killer, and the sock is comfort fitted. I think this is a great deal for you. In fact, I changed my mind. I am keeping the sock.

Good luck with the bass sale, this is truly a unique and great instrument.

11. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Thanks again Jonboy for getting me hold on to this Gem. This bass is rare and awesome. I don't think I can let it go so it's off the market for now. It will take one sweet Nordy or a bunch of cash for sure and even that might not do it.