George Ls effect cable kit

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dadodetres, Jun 29, 2005.

1. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    ok, are these cables only good with connectig effects?

i ordered 2 kits for connecting all my pedals, but i think i may need them more to hook my pre amp into the crossover and the crossover into the power amp, will this cables work better here? right now im using noramal cables, which i asume they are no so good.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I find them fine for fixed connections and patching but I wouldn't trust them on an instrument.
    So yeah in a rack they will do perfectly.
  3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I used to use them on my pedalboard, which travels in a case to about two gigs a week. They look nice, sound nice, but the first time they failed because a thumbscrew loosened on one of them from being jostled around every week, I removed them all from my board. Can't beat a soldered connection for reliability.

You'll understand the first time you go for a solo and step on an effect just to hear your sound totally cut out, and not be sure which of the 8 or so George L connections is the offender before breaktime.
  4. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    about 2/3 of my pedal board is connected via george l's. haven't had a problem yet ::knocks on wood:: but i always keep a screwdriver in my case either way. however, just this morning i placed an order of 60 feet for me and my guitarist to split. he's redoing his entire pedal board with them (16 ends just for him) and i'm making a board to amp cable.