1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

George Ls, Micro Pog, Enveloope, Compulator, Pedal Power, SYB-3 and Wobo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by grovest, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Hi all, here is the last of my "redoing my pedal board for the third time in a year" sell-a-thon....

[New Thread] Toadworks Enveloope.

[New Thread] Wobo Remote ABY.

[SOLD] George L cables. George Ls are some of the most written and talked about cables available. Search around and you'll find glowing reviews from the major publications starting around 10 years ago. Search closer and you will find some divided user opinions about effects on very high frequencies and reliability. I didn't notice an issue with the former and am glad to say that I made all of the red cables, put them to use on a pedal board, and didn't face the later (reliability issues) once. Note that some of the reviews you'll see refer to the straight or older connectors that had a different design than these.
    • $70 - 7 .155" red cables with unplated right angles and black stress relief jackets, average length ~12"+ (see photo, top left group)
    • $55 - 6 .155" black cables with chrome right angles and black stress relief jackets
    • $75 - 7 .155" red cables with unplated right angles and black stress relief jackets, average length ~12"+ (see photo)
    • $35 An uncut section of 10' red cable that was bundled with a pedal kit, plus 4 unplated right angles and 6 stress relief jackets.
    Info : Reviews : Image

[WITHDRAWN] Boss SYB-3 Bass Synthesizer. (I decided to keep this; it is just too funky with a drum machine to part with it at the current going (or rather, not-going) price! ;)) Now this thing is cool, alright. Let me level with you- you have give this beauty the right input to make her really sing. You'll want to play cleanly no doubt, and loudly, too. (a compressor in front of it is useful) But if you are willing to play in the zone, in return is a very cool sound that will make playing along with your old Michael Jackson records a lot more fun. Also try running a drum machine through this pedal - it's wild! Bought here on TB several months ago. I'm selling this to later buy something like a DSI MOPHO.

[SOLD] Voodoo Labs Pedal Power. $110 This is the original Pedal Power with eight isolated 9V outputs. Included are 8 Boss-style cables PLUS an 18V cable I ordered from Stomping Ground for use with some MXR or other 18V pedals, and of course with an IEC cable for the wall.

[SOLD] EHX MicroPog. $165 The EHX Micro Pog has a fabled status here on Talkbass. Well, it seems deserved. The tracking really is transparent and even recognizes doublestops. The tone is that "phat" organ thing and combined with a fuzz and autowah you accomplish an awesome synth sound. I'm selling this because I have a Pitchfactor on the way and generally don't fancy having duplicated gear. Bought from TB last year, with box.

[SOLD] Demeter Compulator. $165 Here's the first pedal I bought on TB a couple years ago- a Demeter Compulator. My take on it? I already had the Precision with flats and an Ampeg preamp, and this was the 'last' bit of gear that locked in that old-school funky / "AM Gold" radio sound. Want to play along with Standing in the Shadows? Or have you read the dozens of raving posts that have flowed for years here on TB regarding this pedal? I am selling it to either have no compressor or something cleaner/multiband (or just with a release knob). Includes 1/8" style power supply.

all prices are shipped to the lower 48 - probably no trades
    * note that in all cases the Dual Lock is the 'medium strength' with foam backing, removable completely with goof off.
    please PM if you have any questions
    thank you for checking out my thread and making TB a safe place to transact!

2. LeonD

LeonD Supporting Member

PM sent on the Demeter Compulator.

I'll buy it.

LeonD

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    pm inbound

4. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    The Compulator and Micro Pog have been sold.

5. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    pm sent on voodoo labs

6. evhest

evhest

Jun 10, 2006
    PM'd

7. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Formatting cleaned up. Remaining are the Enveloope, Remote Wobo ABY, and seven George L patch cables. Recently I have shipped to Europe and Canada so please PM if you are interested and outside of the contiguous US. Thanks to all the folks I have dealt with so far.

8. With the George L's patch cables, could I cut the already assembled cables to size (as in remove on connector, cut, replace)?

9. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Jmeid- absolutely, and it is a cinch to do.

10. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
  11. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Just a bump for your consideration.

Thanks for looking.

12. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Prices lowered.

13. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Bump for the weekend. Thanks for looking.

14. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    One more bump before I redo the thread and possibly re-post the items with individual threads.

Thanks all.

15. hmmm...a Boss PH-3 for the cables?

16. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks PB, but my modulation needs are covered for now.

17. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    All the George L's are sold. Thanks to everyone that I dealt with and thanks TB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.