1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

George Mraz Piano Trio Stuff?

Discussion in 'Recordings [DB]' started by pmckee, Dec 27, 2006.

1. pmckee

pmckee

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston/San Diego
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend some piano trio recordings with George Mraz on bass. I recently picked up the Thad Jones tribute album he did with Hank/Elvin and would love to find some more stuff like it. Thanks a lot.

2. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    My teach turned me on to Tommy Flanagan's "Eclypso". Pretty dang good and Mraz is on bass. I forget who the drummer is. The cd is out of print but see if you can find it used online, that's what I did.

3. msw

msw

Aug 21, 2003
    Massachusetts
    There are many with Tommy Flanagan,Hank Jones, Richie Bierach, and some with John Hicks, Oscar Peterson,Gene Harris and the Phillip Morris All-Stars,Roland Hanna,Don Friedman etc. etc.

4. Jake

Jake

Dec 11, 1999
    Florida
    I really like his playing with Richie Bierach and Billy Hart on an album called My Foolish Heart. I think this trio has other recordings together also.

5. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    DFW Area, Tejas
    My favorite is Duke's Place...all Ellington tunes. Pianist rotates between Renee Rosnes and Cyrus Chestnut and drums are Billy Drummond.

6. pmckee

pmckee

Dec 12, 2006
    Boston/San Diego
    I bought Hank Jones' "For My Father." Great album. Thanks for the reccomendations.