1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gerald Veasley's Bass Boot Camp Camp 2016

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ptleftybass, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. I signed up for my 3rd year can't wait!

March 18–20, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA

image.

About Gerald Veasley's Bass BootCamp

Explore the world of Bass with Gerald Veasley, internationally renowned performer and faculty at the University of the Arts. Whether you're a seasoned bassist or novice, Gerald and his world-class faculty will plug you into the joy of bass playing: technique, theory and, of course, those funky bass lines! Gerald Veasley's Bass BootCamp was founded in 2002 by Gerald Veasley, Roxanne Veasley and Lee Patterson. Since then, the camp has served over 700 bass players from all over the world.

Gerald Veasley's Bass BootCamp offers attendees an experience unlike any other music seminar. The program is the ultimate experience for Bassists looking to grow and develop during a weekend getaway. Participants learn, perform and are exposed to leading bass players, as well as bass-related concerts. Moreover, a significant number of campers return year after year to enjoy the Bass BootCamp experience!

Cost of Tuition:

• Early Registration – $449 (March 19–September 19, 2015)

• Standard Registration – $499 (September 20, 2015–February 13, 2016)
    • Late Registration – $549 (after February 13, 2016)

Gerald Veasley's Bass Bootcamp

2. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I have been to the Boot camp in the past back in 2007 I believe. Adam Nitti, Doug Wimbish, Gary Willis & Gerald Veasley were the instructors. We had a master Class presented by Scott Ambush of Spyro Grya which was just amazing!! I had a really great time but I just haven't been able to get back. I see Chico Huff is in the line up this year. Thats very exciting.
    I'm familiar with Chico through an old BET Jazz show called Studio Jams where he was always a great player. This years event Sounds like another blast!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    ptleftybass likes this.
  3. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    In for my 3rd year as well.

Just a bump since a deadline is approaching:
    N.B. :
    • Standard Registration – $499 (September 20, 2015–February 13, 2016)
    • Late Registration – $549 (after February 13, 2016)
    $50 to be saved if you sign up by Saturday !!

IMO - so worth it.
    I learn enough in 3 days to hold me through to another year.
    I'm still working on stuff I learned last year...

Always a great bunch of people.

ptleftybass likes this.
  4. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Be aware - as of this week, not only are there no event-rate roomes at the Crowne Plaza, there are no Friday-Saturday rooms.
    I'm booked at the Hilton about 3 blocks away...