Gerlitz Guitar Honey

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by amos, Feb 9, 2009.

1. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    I'm assuming this is just mineral oil, but some one is trying to tell me it contains mineral spirits (paint thinner) as a cleaner. That seems a bit extreme, no? Can anyone substantiate this?

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    apparently, this information is in their website FAQ section, and it does contain mineral spirits.

3. poshguitar

poshguitar

Jun 17, 2009
    Blackburn
    Distributor, Gerlitz Guitar Care Products
    I can confirm that Guitar Honey is pure mineral oil. Much lighter and less sticky than Lemon oil.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    First, lemon oil is just mineral oil with solvents added. Second, you are contradicting what it says on the Gerlitz website:
    http://www.gerlitzusa.com/faq.html
    Did you just recently become a distributor?

To anyone else looking, Google "lemon oil for wood" and you'll see that nearly all woodworking sites say not to use petroleum products (such as mineral oil or mineral spirits) on fine wood.

5. Showdown

Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I don't know, but I've been using it for 10 years on all my basses and I love it. Works great.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021