1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

German Bow FS

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Ike Harris, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    This is a German bow I got on trade, branded "Emile Dupree" and "France" on the underside behind the frog. Finish is in rough shape, ebony frog and tip are rather chipped up, but doesn't seem to have any breaks on the stick, which looks pretty darn straight considering it's otherwise rough shape. Wrap is nylon, mount is nickle, and is in need of a rehair badly. This hair is unplayable. It's fairly light in comparison to my Reid Hudson French which is, I think, 138 grams. I've seen this brand of bow listed between $500 - 1500. First $300 takes it(add shipping).

Ike

2. I have a French bow Stamped E. Dupree. If it is the same maker, then it is made in germany. It could easily be a dioffrent maker though. Just thought I'd provide information.

3. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Whoever wants to see pics, I've made some w/my new digital camera and have been struggling to figure out how to do thumbnails to add them to this thread. If you can explain it to me in plain English, PM me please.

On the subject of country of origin, I did a Google search on this brand and found equal no.'s of reports that they were made in France and Germany. The answer may lie in Chris Brown's book, which costs more than this bow.

Ike