1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

German/Russian made?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thejoey57, Mar 21, 2006.

1. thejoey57

thejoey57

Jan 18, 2006
    Hey guys
    I'm looking for any form of a German or Russian made amp/cab.
    Not just tubes, but designed in the country.
    I'm not exactly sure why..but it would be cool.
    Germans seem to make their equipment easy on the eyes, but quite complicated at the same time
    Russians...would just make something extremely odd
    a cab with a 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 inch woofer, who knows

Any ideas?
    nothing mainstream

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Representing Germany: Tech Soundsystems

Home of light, good looking and excellent sounding cabs. Played an all tech stack and it was like a tonal dream. I want their cabs as part of my next rig, the head I played is discontinued now, was the Graphic 500, have no experience with any of their other heads but they're rated well. Anyhow, to give you some idea of the whole weight/performance thing...

[​IMG]

Oh Tech are also makers of the Bad Cab

4x10, 2x12, 2x15 + 2xTweeter. Say waaa!

3. Nitkin

Nitkin

Aug 10, 2002
    Barcelona,Spain
    here we go
    this company is good for the money,and you can find them in europe,but with other name.
    And this guy will make any amp,preamp or cabinet you want.

4. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Dynacord used to make bass amps and cabs in ''60 & ''70, don't know exact models but they do exist. Suprem is another german company that used to make amps, but they are very, very rare.

Thy checking german e-bay - maybe there you can find veird german amps;)

5. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Do you consider Glockenklang as main stream ?
    I don't...
    ;)

Sheers

6. sparrow

sparrow

May 26, 2005
    Belgium

could you describe youre tonal dream? I like that TS material, could TS cabs handle soms nasty distortion? And massive low end (hope this doesn't sounds like total bollocks... )

7. thejoey57

thejoey57

Jan 18, 2006
    Yeah
    I would like to know about how the distortion could sound on the TS cab and the Glockenklang
    I'm a fuzz junkie

8. bassjigga

bassjigga

Aug 6, 2003
    That's an easy one - Glockenklang! The best stuff in the world and it's German.

9. I own 2 German amps; Dynacord BS 408 and Dynacord reference 4000. Both seem to be rare, despite them being excellent amps for transistorised amps from the eighties. I also own a Musima P-bass copy from the seventies made in the DDR. It has the thickest neck i ever saw on a P and the electronics were so bad they had to be replaced by seymour duncans'.