SOLD German Warwick Corvette Standard 5-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by moe.moe, Nov 21, 2017.

1. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Price:
    $650.00
    Strings:
    Hi everyone,

I was given this Warwick Corvette Standard 5 string by my brother who is a professional musician. He knows I play bass so he sent it to me since he no longer needed it. He is strictly a guitarist. The bass was used to record one album then put away.
    For as much as I really like this bass, and Warwicks in particular, I simply cannot get used to the five strings. I have really tried to acclimate myself but to no avail. I have played four strings for the entire time I have played bass which isn't that long. I'm afraid that I am an old dog that really doesn't need or want to learn any new tricks!

Anyway, there are no dings on the bass or belt rash of any kind. As stated earlier, it was only used in a studio and was NEVER gigged with. The bass comes with the Warwick Rockbag which is a bit torn, but still VERY usable. The case was purchased afterwards in used condition simply to store the bass in when not in use. Also comes with the truss rod tool, the white Warwick care booklet and a can of the Warwick finishing wax-used.

Recently restrung with a brand new set of DR LowRiders...

Kindly asking $650.00 OR BEST OFFER - plus shipping.

I can also drive a decent distance to save on any shipping costs.
    Areas include: Chicago, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan areas.

Thanks for looking!

Peace!
    moe.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  2. CharlieMac

CharlieMac

Aug 27, 2017
    Hi. I have a fender precision lyte bass that I would be interested in trading. As the name implies.. it's amazingly light and very comfortable to play with active PJ pickups and jazz style neck. Excellent craftsmanship. Made in Japan in about 1988, it is in extremely good condition. No major dings, bangs, scratches or anything like that. Minimal play wear. No fret wear. All the hardware is in great condition... But could use some polishing.
    This bass plays and sounds fantastic.
    Let me know if you are interested and I'll get a bunch of photos.
    Thanks - Charlie

3. CharlieMac

CharlieMac

Aug 27, 2017
    Sorry, I forgot to mention, the Fender is black with a subtle sparkle in the finish. Action is excellent and the guitar is very clean. New GHS pressure wound strings. Ready to go, no setup or fussing needs. I do not have a case for this bass.
    CM

4. rolorocknerd

rolorocknerd

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas
    I have a Warwick corvette standard 4 string I would trade you for this. I could really use a 5 string. I’d pay for shipping for you and I.

5. rolorocknerd

rolorocknerd

Sep 17, 2008
    Kansas
    I private messaged you.

6. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    PM'ed replied to :) :) :)

7. CharlieMac

CharlieMac

Aug 27, 2017
    Yes. Me too. I pm'd you too

8. moe.moe

moe.moe

Jun 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Brother, unless I am being really slow here but I didnt see any PM, but then again, I dropped my Ipad the other day and its been crashing ever since.... maybe that could be the culprit... then again I have been known to be really slow as well!

My apologies! :(

9. CharlieMac

CharlieMac

Aug 27, 2017
    The apology should be mine. I just looked back.... And I apparently PMd myself. Duh. I didn't know that was possible.
    Anyway. I have a very nice fender precision lyte bass from 1988. 4 string, active pickups. Black color. Very good condition especially for it's age. No issues. I'm switching to 5 string, so I wonder if you are interested in trade. I could send photos if you are at all interested.
    Thanks and sorry for the confusion. Charlie

10. I've got a passive 4 string version from 2009 of that bass with hipshot ultralight tuners on it that I had installed at the end of the summer. I had it set up then too, the action is quite low. I have a slightly damaged Gator hardcase for it too and the owner's kit. I'm in Canada though and have yet to do a transaction here, so you may not want to trade for those reasons. If you do send me a PM.

11. CharlieMac

CharlieMac

Aug 27, 2017
    That's cool. I bet if you give it a try you'll find that five string isn't that hard. Or you could always string it EADGC and gain some top end notes.
    Good luck to you!

12. Tnavis

Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    PM sent!

13. Pm sent

14. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    Caution men - that 5 string Corvette and the 5 string banjo may produce some tone-dangerous offspring and take over the world !!

15. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beauty! What's the weight?

16. sleevey55

sleevey55 Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Billings Montana
    PM sent

17. Qweez

Qweez

Apr 1, 2018
    Is it still available?

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021