TRADED German Warwick Streamer 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by CoffeeLove, Jul 1, 2017.

1. CoffeeLove

CoffeeLove Supporting Member

Price:
    $625
    Strings:
    *Price includes shipping to lower 48 states "without" the case, or an additional $50 if you want the case included.

*Additional pics added to show blemishes/imperfections. The close up pics were done in the worse-case-scenario lighting to show all blemishes. Once you are few feet from the bass the blemishes are barely noticeable (if at all, like the first 2 pics). It is OK that any trades have the same wear as long as fully functional.

This is a year 2000 German Warwick Streamer with single piece bridge and passive electronics. It has an "ovangkol" neck and "wenge" fingerboard (my favorite combination). Overall it is in good condition but does have quite a bit of buckle rash, scratches/dings, and a couple small cracks around input jack (see pics). The neck is in very good condition with little fret wear and the truss rod turns as it should. I am not certain as to the weight but it is likely under 9lbs (not a tank like my Thumb bass). It has the signature "Warwick tone" which to me is thick, warm, and tons of growl (very similar to my Thumb bass).

I am interested in the following trades:
    - Bergantino, Fearful, or other boutique cab (212, 1215, or something along those lines). Needs to be on the lighter side so probably with NEO speakers.
    - A "high-end" bass head of reasonable weight (not 92lbs like my SVTII Non-Pro)
    - Fender Jazz USA, Lakland, G&L, or anything else that interests me. Will consider 4 or 5 string bass.

* Really looking for a bass cab but open to other possibilities. Not interested in trading down but will add a small amount of money to the deal if your item is of greater value.

* If you are in Southern California I would drive as far south as Ventura for a possible trade (I live on the Central Coast).

*If you are looking for a frame of reference, here is a link to a Warwick almost identical to mine currently on eBay (overpriced of course), but please do your own research.

German Made Warwick Streamer Standard 5 String | eBay

*Not in a hurry, just throwing the sell/trade idea out there.

Best wishes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    HeavyJazz likes this.
  2. davedblyoo

davedblyoo "All the mayhem and none of the sticky mess."

Nov 15, 2012
    Augusta, GA
    What do you think shipping to 30909 would run?

3. naetog

naetog Supporting Member

May 26, 2006
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Central Coast!

Good luck with the sale.

That's far too exotic for a local transaction!

CoffeeLove likes this.
  4. CoffeeLove

Good question. I do not know for sure but I would ship it for "free" to the lower 48 states "without" the case or an additional $50 if the case is included (not a fitted case as you can see). I will get more pics up tomorrow for a closer look at any/all imperfections. The neck is outstanding in my book.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. CoffeeLove

Thank you! I do not see many people from our area on TB. It seems everyone around here plays a Jazz, P-Bass, or Stingray (all of which I appreciate and have owned at some point, still have a Stingray). If you play locally I will come to one of your gigs. Let me know, Rodney

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  6. CoffeeLove

Additional pics have been posted by request. I Intentionally took pics in the worse possible lighting to amplify blemishes, but none of it can be seen once a few feet away (like the first 2 pics). Hopefully this helps. Peace

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  7. CoffeeLove

Sorry guys, but it has been traded to a fellow TB guy.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021