1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Get a Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jul 28, 2007.

1. MIA Fender Jazz

61 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. Fender Style Four string

24 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Get another five

13 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Give you guys a break on my questions!

10 vote(s)
    9.3%
  1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Anybody who reads my posts knows that I go through a few basses. Generally, I really like my current basses, but I would like at least one more. I would like another five fretted bass, but I admit that I find myself more and more into traditional four string basses (although I love it when they have Hipshot D-tuners!:bassist:)

My question is that since I love basic fours, why not go on and get a nice MIA Fender? Should I go for a traditional Fender or get another five and call it a day? The other option would be to go for a Non-Fender four like a Tribute JB-2 or maybe another Foundation or Fury. All of these basses play and sound great, but I have to admit, but I do love the tradition aspect of a Fender.

2. Nash is coming out with a 5, they mention them being on order at the Low End. If I still played 5ers, that's what I would be gassing for :smug:

3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Nash's are great, but they might be a tad rich for my blood!:D

4. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Fender Highway One: Better than most MIMs, as good as some Standard MIAs. Priced between the two.

5. get the jazz, cause right now the presentage for it is 666
    hahaha

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You could compromise and get a 5-string Fender Jazz. :)

7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    That occurred to me.:) I just checked out a decent MIM Jazz V this morning. I suspect that if I go this route, I will spend some coin and get a MIA Fender or a DJ5. MIM Fender Vs never really impress me.

8. My vote. I have an older MIA Jazz 5 that I got for a steal- it's the soundguy(& everyone else)'s favorite bass. Make sure you play before you pay, though; I played a good 8-10(Fender)basses before I found one w/a good B string.

9. I'm still checking out the Low End for those all the time! I wanna see 'em...

I think you should check out some Fender V's, Cheese. There are some nice ones out there. I was at the Guitar Center in Evansville not long ago and they had one hanging on the wall with the single pole Suhr pickups in it. If I didn't have an impending purchase, I would've thought about getting it myself!

10. Thats what I did. I was in the same conundrum and went with a Lakland JO5. Love it.

11. Seeing as how the 'buy a Fender' option is in the lead, I think we're all wishing we could buy a new Fender, & living vicariously through TB(ya think..?). :D I know I am.

12. Muckaluck

Muckaluck Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    did you check out the Lakland 5 string Fender copies? I played a 5 string Fender Jazz once and it sounded real wimpy. I remember playing the Darryl Jones Signature and it was a dream compared to the original MIA Jazz. It can't hurt to go try one.

13. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    If you're shooting for a traditional vibe, get a '62 AVRI, P or J. Both look, sound and feel killer. :cool:

14. Kubs

Kubs

Jul 26, 2006
    Prague
    that i must refuse, HW1 is not good instruments all i can play was simply dull.....

15. rjny36

rjny36

Jan 29, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    +1. I love my AVRI '62 J. I'll probably pick up the P eventually, too.

16. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Just get a Fender Jazz and be done with it! ;)

17. i agree and what a time to get one.the reviews have been good and plus the Badass II, which is always a good thing.

18. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    :D

19. I also agree with the rest...Get a Fender...

20. phatduckk

phatduckk

May 24, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    i was GASing bad for a Jazz bass a while ago and played a ton of Fenders, Lulls and Sadowsky's... in the end i did a USACG + Warmoth project and it turned out amazing for $1,200