1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

get it now or wait?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GoatGruff, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Okay, so 3 weeks ago I placed an order for a Traben Chaos Core 5 from Guitar Center. Their website, at the time I ordered, said it would be in stock by the end of this month. ie right around now. Now, the other day I get an email from GC saying "your item not in stock blah blah thanks for the patience".. but it didnt really say anything else, so i was just kind of like "um.. okay". Today I go to their website to check it out and now I come to find out they aren't going to be in stock until the end of october! ARGH ***?!! I really want it, and really need it. This newer band Im playing with now, the guitarist is using a 7 string. I had a fiver a few years back but i sold it. so for now ive just been tuning my 4s down. we play in drop G# so I'd REALLY like to have a fiver to extend my range more. Not to mention im GAS'n really bad for it.

So, I'm thinking about canceling the order with GC and buying one I can get immediately. The only problem, which is making it a hard decision, is that this other store doesnt offer any sort of extended warranty plan. which i kind of like having on new purchases of mid-high priced instruments. Especially since i'm right near a guitar center, so its super easy to bring it there for service.

SO... what do you think I should do? Say to hell with the warranty and get one now? Or wait it out another month and keep suffering from GAS and floppy 34" 4 strings?

2. atheos

atheos

Sep 28, 2008
    Tampere, Finland
    No need for an extended warranty unless the neck breaks by itself or something. I haven't seen that happen in normal use even for the cheapest instruments so I wouldn't worry about that. And any problems with electronics etc. you can fix yourself. If you can't, well, learn. Taking a bass to (warranty) service because of broken pot, loose wire etc. is just dumb. You'll only lose time and money.