Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Get it or forget it?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by poundround, Jul 20, 2005.

1. poundround

poundround

Mar 8, 2005
    Lynchburg VA
    I have a chance to get an SWR GT bass preamp for a good price. Its used but not too much wear and the gain control might need work. If anyone could talk me in or out of buying it I could use the help. :bassist:

2. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I have the Groove Tubes version that SWR built for GT. It's the same exact preamp, though. I like it a lot. I also got a really good deal on it (75 bucks on ebay). It sounds good and is very clean. The limiter and the extensive EQ section are really nice features. Plus it has a built in cross over for Bi-amping. I say...go for it if you are in the market for a sweet pre!

3. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    i used one for a while. i liked it a lot but i had a hard time cutting through the mix. i think it was more due to the cab i was using. btw i got mine for $100 and sold it for 200 on ebay. the guy who bought it sent me a long email thanking me. sometimes i wish i still had it.