get my groove back????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by natebass, Feb 17, 2003.

1. natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I am in the midst of a personal quandry as of late:

I think I am starting to get bored in my current musical situation; even though my band is starting to get more consistent bookings, there has been a lot of personell issues as of late. We replaced a drummer (who was a dear friend of mine) and recently axed one of our lead vocalists (we had 3) - my question is this: How does everybody keep inspired to keep plugging along in this type of situation, and when does one know when to gracefully step back???:confused:
  2. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    The reason why you play will be the answer.

If that's too cryptic...

If you are in a band to have a laugh with your mates and you no longer laugh, leave. If are in a band to play live and you have bookings, stay. etc.
  3. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    I know where you are at... My current situation leaves me questioning too...

When do you call it a day? man that's up to you... I'm from the POV that if you have a comitment, stick to it. For me, that means I won't get out of my lame gig until 2013 :bawl:

seriously- I could never "dear John" some guys that I had worked that closely with... I'd wait it out and see if others felt it was a good time to mutually part ways...

but then again, I'm a spineless weesel.