Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

get my groove back????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by natebass, Feb 17, 2003.

1. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I am in the midst of a personal quandry as of late:

I think I am starting to get bored in my current musical situation; even though my band is starting to get more consistent bookings, there has been a lot of personell issues as of late. We replaced a drummer (who was a dear friend of mine) and recently axed one of our lead vocalists (we had 3) - my question is this: How does everybody keep inspired to keep plugging along in this type of situation, and when does one know when to gracefully step back???:confused:

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The reason why you play will be the answer.

If that's too cryptic...

If you are in a band to have a laugh with your mates and you no longer laugh, leave. If are in a band to play live and you have bookings, stay. etc.

3. OnederTone

OnederTone Aguilar Everywhere Gold Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Thornton, CO
    I know where you are at... My current situation leaves me questioning too...

When do you call it a day? man that's up to you... I'm from the POV that if you have a comitment, stick to it. For me, that means I won't get out of my lame gig until 2013 :bawl:

seriously- I could never "dear John" some guys that I had worked that closely with... I'd wait it out and see if others felt it was a good time to mutually part ways...

but then again, I'm a spineless weesel.