Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

get on top

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by funkymonkey, Aug 12, 2002.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey

Mar 21, 2002
    hi, i need some help with get on top of rhcp (if anyone knows that song ;) )
    i know that in the intro/verse theres a big jump from the 19th fret of A-string to the 3rd fret of E-string within the time of one (hmm i dunno say it in english) ... well i just say 16 notes within a beat with a speed of 115bps. hows this possible. is it a trick or something like that. how can i play it?
    the other thing in the chorus: the switch between G and A (the notes) on the 7th beat and the switch a little later with the '32 per beat' notes (you know, the cool sound with the strong hit), are they played with hammerons and pulloffs or with bendups and downs??

thank u for all help

ps: im so sorry for my vocabulary and my grammar, english isnt my first language.

2. maybe if you played the E (19th fret on the A-string) on the 14th fret on the D-string, or maybe the 9th fret on the G-string (hehe) will be easier, but the note won't sound as "full" as it does on the A-string. I'd sacrifice some tone to be able to be able to play something. :)

Good luck. Hope I was some help.

3. funkymonkey

funkymonkey

Mar 21, 2002
    i appreciate every help i get and so is yours. but i need the full tone, so ive just to practice a little more. it works better now.
    but of more importance to me is the second question. how does flea play that little fillin that sounds so strong? is it perhaps slapped? and how can he do so fast hammerons and pulloffs, or does he do that with bends?

every help is appreciated!
    thanks to ikickuintheballs (strange name ;) )
    :D

4. I'm pretty sure he doesn't slap any of the song. It does look like he plays going down towards the pup to make it get that tone he gets. *shrugs* Good luck.