1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

get pedal then bass, or bass then pedal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tom once dead, Sep 2, 2008.

1. I'm not sure where to put this.

I want a Sansamp BDDI, but they are $500 in Aust. I have just found a site where I can get one shipped over, and cost under $250.

I am also saving for a new bass (I'll bombard you all with threads once I am close to having the $$)

My question is: Should I get the BDDI now, and delay the time I'll get a new bass (about 3 weeks). OR should I wait untill after I've got a new bass, then get the pedal?

2. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    I would get the new bass first, you may net even feel the need for a BDDI after you get a new bass.

3. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    The sansamp will very likely "clean up" "embiggen" or "make better" the sound of your bass.
    I would ask the question: Do you like the way your dean feels in your hands?
    If that is a yes then get the sansamp. Btw you can get a second hand one cheaper on the classifieds forum here, all you have to do is convince someone to ship it down under and pay for the shipping. I've done it heaps of times. PM me if you need some clues or more info.

4. I really want the pedal for gigs where I cant use my amp, also to get a better tone.

The basses I'm looking at have EMG or Bart MK1's.

5. I do Like the dean. But I want a 5 string. I also dont like the tone of my dean.

6. slaerts

slaerts

Aug 3, 2006
    The sansamp will colour the tone of the dean and give it a good gritty tubey tone. You can put any bass through a sansamp IMO it pretty much sounds the same. Getting a new bass because you want a 5 string is a good reason to get the bass first.

7. I should probably mention I can borrow a 5 string whenever I like, But I want one that I dont have to borrow.

does the BDDI do a Rex of Pantera type tone?

8. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    get the BDDI. it's a very useful tool, no matter what bass you have.

9. alexit

alexit

Feb 21, 2006
    You could get the Behringer DI that's 99% the same as the sansamp...it's about $30 US.

:bag:

10. how is $549 cheaper than $237?

11. RedCoatMonster

RedCoatMonster

Aug 14, 2007
    Thomas, OK
    Well since you play gigs, I'd get the sansamp. Ignore my other post.

12. Ok so I have found out that the bass I want is out of stock, so They don't arrive in Oz till Jan, I think I will get myself a BDDI.

Anyother input

13. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    +1, for sure.

Why do you feel you need the BDDI?

EDIT: just read your other post, so I know the answer to my question now.

14. oh god I have enough $$ I don't know what to do!

Next monday Boss Representatives are comming to a local store to show new pedals, I'll go and have a look.

I'm going to start a new thread with questions.

15. I'd check the new Sans Amp VT pedal 1st, then decide between the BDDI or the VT
    IMHO that is!

Are U after the PROGRAMMABLE BDDI DELUXE as that is $520 at Bass Centre in Melb. But the normal PROGRAMMABLE BDDI is $380 there. & they WILL do a far better price If U email 'em about it! BUT poss not as good as if U get one sent from US.

16. I'll have a look at the VT. And I wont be buying the pedal from Bass centre, I found a US store that will send one over for $240

17. Meandmy74

Meandmy74

Jul 26, 2008
    I'm not sure what online store you are looking at but my vote goes to Brian at bestbassgear.com for reliable service to Aus. And set postage. And the VT is a great pedal. Lots of discussion on here about it as well.

18. yeah i'm looking at bestbassgear.com

Wow the introduction of the VT has made me not know which One would be better

19. I hear a lotta complaints re the BDDI not having a MID control. Apart from that it's a real good one AFAIK. The VT bass pedal is just a pedal tho & not a DI also like the BDDI