Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Get rid of my rack for a Laney b1?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I just finished getting my rack which consists of an svt 3-pro, a korg dtr-2 tuner and a samsom conditioner+light module in an skb 8 space rack. I've just been told that a guy at the local music store wants to get rid of his b1. If he sells it to the music store he works at he'll get about 50% of what the store will charge others, so if I buy it from him I should get a really good deal. If I sell my stuff I should get close to being able to buy it straight up. The b1 looks great, I thought it sounded real good through an ampeg 610 ( I use a sonic but the sound is practically the same) and my fender usa deluxe j. 1500 watts is nothing to mess around with either. I also plan on upgrading to an 810 so I would like to be able to really pound the heck out of it and I don't know if my 3 can do that. Would this be worthwhile or I should I stick with the rack. Any input would be appreciated.

2. I'll try for a bump and then this one will be sent to the briny deep.