1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Get rid of my rack for a Laney b1?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by freeslicefattyj, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I just finished getting my rack which consists of an svt 3-pro, a korg dtr-2 tuner and a samsom conditioner+light module in an skb 8 space rack. I've just been told that a guy at the local music store wants to get rid of his b1. If he sells it to the music store he works at he'll get about 50% of what the store will charge others, so if I buy it from him I should get a really good deal. If I sell my stuff I should get close to being able to buy it straight up. The b1 looks great, I thought it sounded real good through an ampeg 610 ( I use a sonic but the sound is practically the same) and my fender usa deluxe j. 1500 watts is nothing to mess around with either. I also plan on upgrading to an 810 so I would like to be able to really pound the heck out of it and I don't know if my 3 can do that. Would this be worthwhile or I should I stick with the rack. Any input would be appreciated.

2. I'll try for a bump and then this one will be sent to the briny deep.