1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Get rid of this sound!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mingmong, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Mingmong

Mingmong

Sep 21, 2009
    I've got a Warwick FNA and I cannot get the sound I'm looking for out of it. The low end always seems to have this farty popping sound, almost like there's no bass and way to much mid on. No matter how much I fiddle about with it I cannot get the a smooth rich deep tone out of it. Am I being bone here? Could it be a PUP/Set up issue? Maybe the thing needs and over all? Please help its driving me mad.

Cheers

F

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    About impossible to understand what you're describing without a recording.

Could be a multitude of things ranging from bass to effects to amp settings.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    What's the "other half" of your gear, (amp/cab)?

4. Fill out your profile and we can help you easier...
    but I'm gonna go with set your EQ flat on your bass and amp, select your neck pickup dial down the tone knob and then bump up the low mids on your amp...

5. Mingmong

Mingmong

Sep 21, 2009
    Cheers guys. I'll fill out the profile and hopefully shed some light on this.

6. Randall

Randall

Aug 6, 2009
    Canada.
    Uh change your battery if it is an active bass. Buy new cab and head lol. :rolleyes:

7. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Maybe obvious, but if it's active make sure you have a battery that's full of juice.

Also again with an active bass there may be some pre-amp pots you can adjust to reduce the gain on the bass side of things.

8. your idol

your idol

Oct 13, 2008
    Murfreesboro TN
    THIS!

My active jazz gets Farty with a weak battery ..and very punchy farty at that