Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Get Rid of Tribute for 55-02?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I have posted several times that I really love my Tribute. It is comfortable and gets plenty of tones, howver, I would really like to check out a 55-02 and I cannot have more than two basses or my wife will give me never-ending grief. The bottom line is I would have to trade my Tribute to get a Lakland, for those who have owned both, is it worth it? I would hate to kick myself spending more money for more or less the same level of performance.

2. You really love your Tribute, so keep it. Don't sell it and regret it later. Check out the 55-02 when you've saved up some more cash and you can begin a collection. :D

3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Captain, I know you're right. Over the years, there have been more than a few times that I traded away a bass that I really liked for one that looked more interesting. When you have as much GAS as I do, it's easier said than done, but I'll just wait until I can get that Skyline without trading in my Tribute. I still will be happy when I get a 55-02 or 55-94! :bassist:

4. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    Bear in mind that you are probably not going to be able to do a straight trade for a 55-02. The value of a used 55-02 is about double that of most used Tributes. I used to own an L2500 and if the Tribute is anything like that (I heard they are) keep it for a while, you will probably regret selling it.

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I knew i would go in the hole if I traded in my Tribute. That is just one more reason not to make the trade. :oops:

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Naw, don't do it.

7. The obvious answer, since you wife will only allow you to have two basses, tell the wife to hit the road and get the 55-02. :p

8. I'd keep the tribute and save up for the 55-02