Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

GET THE RITE SOUND

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by hugo_boss99, Aug 16, 2004.

1. IVE JUST SKREWED MY BASS UP BIG TIME AND I NEED 2 GET MY BASS SOUNDIN LIKE I WANT IT 2, NE IDEAS NE1

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Be more specific?

Fill out your profile, for a start.

3. OK IVE GOT AN IBANEZ SR300 AND IM REELY PISSED OFF WITH THE SOUND

IVE CUM HOME FROM MY LESSON AFTER TELKIN ABOUT PPL WHO CAN SET IT UP 4 U BUT I DONT WANNA SHELL OUT 30 QUID SO IVE JUST ****ED AROUN WITH MY ACTION AND ITS SOUNDIN TERRIBLE

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

30 quid is looking the better investment, every minute.....;)

5. YEH HAHA V FUNNY

6. BUT UR PROBLY RITE THO

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    What is this rite sound?

I must have it, all this time I have been getting the right sound, but this rite sound sounds interesting.

Take your time next time, spell everything out fully and correctly and it will be much easier on the people trying to help you.

There are online guides to seting up your bass, I believe Gary Willis' website has a pretty intensive one. That is an alternative to paying for a setup.

CAUTION: Tweaking the trussrod isn't for amateurs. Make sure you know what you are doing before trying that.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Jeez, just a few tips. Lose the caps lock, and stop typing like a 7 year old.

I would bring your bass to a pro... I wouldnt even trust you setting up your own bass at the moment.

9. If I were you, I'd just spend the 30 quid. I'd also invest in a new keyboard, preferably one that didn't have CAPS LOCK permanantly stuck in the on position. A keyboard with better punctuation might help as well, since you seem to have none available to you besides a sporadically working comma. Seriouly, I don't believe that people who can hardly communicate with their fellow humans should be attempting delicate tasks such as setting up instruments for proper sound.

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Stop taking your anger out on your shift key.