Get the Sound of Falling Into Grace

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by merdenoms2590, Jan 11, 2006.

1. merdenoms2590

Apr 30, 2005
    If anybody has heard the song Falling Into Grace by Red Hot Chili Peppers off the One Hot Minute cd what pedal is Flea using??
  2. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    envelope filter. i think i once read he used an old DOD FX25 but i'm not sure on that part.

edit: just searched Google and found this: "How did you get that ultra-slimy sound on "Falling Into Grace"? It's the BassBalls, the Boss Dynamic Filter, and maybe a Boss Auto Wah, too. I had all three hooked up, but I may have used only two of them."

so there you go.
  3. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    The MXR Bass Auto Q can get that soung pretty perfectly. But you have to dig in harder than usual to get the effect sound. It's the one time I wish the Auto Q had a sensitivity Knob. Does anyone know if there is there some kind of trimpot inside that might be able to change the sensitivity?
  4. merdenoms2590

Apr 30, 2005
    Ok thanks very much....ya i thought it was a filter but it just sounded like different then the most filters i have heard before
  5. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    I've got the dynamic filter, it's pretty damn close!!!
  6. The main sound has gotta be the Auto Wah, you can hear the filter varying constantly on it's own low frequency oscillator - it's not enveloping it's just oscillating. (Listen to the sustained notes.)

It also sounds like a subtle envelope behind that as well.
  7. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    Yeah, the Auto Q does do LFO, so it's pretty close.
  8. I was thinking it sounded more like a Qtron with a tremolo and clean blend on top??

Or even a Qtron followed by a crybaby bass wah, like shown on his live board for a time