1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Get to play bass AND keyboards in a funky top 40 band with my favorite drummer

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Lorenzini, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    This should be fun. I was asked to join a band to play bass and occassionally keys as the keyboard player also plays bass. They asked me to find a drummer and I did -- a guy I gigged with for a good 6 months straight last year. He has the tightest, deepest pocket of anyone I've played with. He also plays bass like there's NO TOMORROW.

We're going to play all sorts of modern top 40 stuff, all of it funky in some way.

I'm actually, truly excited to be a part of this project! I'm going to borrow a Zoom H2 for a rehearsal and post tunes in this thread in the coming weeks so you can see what I'm talking about

2. You mean, at the same time? That`s mind blowing.

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    :smug:

4. You are one lucky fortunate somvabich. Bass is my first love but to be able to perform keys as well... excellent. Did it for about 1 year, loved it.

Go... Have much fun!!!

5. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    This is going to be great. The lead singer of the group is also the lead singer of a great brass band we're both in.

He showed me a few of the songs we'll be playing. Straight up funky stuff. Rehearsal this Sunday. Will try to get some recorded.

6. Congrats on the new gig. :bassist: Once you get going, you should post your set list, let us know what kind of stuff you're playing.

7. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    For sure. I got 3 songs to learn tonight..
    Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover
    EWF - Let's Groove
    Snoop Dogg - Sexual Eruption (LOL! awesome)

I'm recommending some Jamiroquai and even some LTD to them as well. MINT CONDITION too! We're also going to go with a little bit of neo soul, and a little bit of rock. They are going to send me a few more songs to learn, I'll post them as well.