Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Get Up And jump!!

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Julien, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Julien

Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Paris,France
    just a little question....i just bought the transcribed scores for the "what hits!?" album by the chili peppers and i just can't figure out this song....
    i know that i must be miserable compared to the guy who transcribed the album but i feel the song is not good..the notes written just don't sound
    has someone this book??am i totally stupid or am i right???:(

2. LeonSteward

LeonSteward

Feb 23, 2002
    England
    This may sound obvious so please dont kick me in the head afterwards......
    Are you sure in tune?
    Secondly did you check to see if it was the correct tuning?
    And can you read notation properly? maybe your making a small mistake...one note off, or wrong octave?
    I dont have the book so i cant offer any more help but sometime offical sheet music etc can be wrong as its not usualy the artists doing the transcribing but someone else on their behalf.

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    it's been a while since i listened to the peppers debut album, but i did learn that track once.. if i remember rightly it was just a simple slap riff over one chord?

the only track flea tunes differently for is 'if you have to ask' (as far as I know), so it probably isnt the tuning(?)