1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Get Your CHEAP Schroeders Here...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by James Hart, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Hey guys, I need to fuel a couple GAS purchases and these things are getting in my way.

Pending 1210 (4 ohm): Pre Production with the tweeter placed like the old Tech cabinets. Hand signed dust caps and cast frame drivers. Low miles but some road rash w/soft "Le Cover" = * $550 shipped!
    SOLD 1212 (4 ohm): Early run with screen printed dust caps and cast frame drivers. Also Low miles and some road rash w/soft "Le Cover" = $570
    (I'll miss this one the most!)
    Pending Mini 12 (8 ohm): Great sounding, loud, tiny, vintage toned, deep cabinet. Single angled 12" with no horn. Non signed dust cap, stamped frame driver. Only used at a handful of auditions but some mild rash and cracked plastic corners (damn FedEx Ground) = * $325 shipped!
    as much as I have no use for it,
    if it doesn't move I'll be keeping it.

* = to the continental US of A. Other locations, I'll pay packing & you pay shipping.

2. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Hi, Is that a mini light or standard? I've never used one, I'm wanting to add a second cab w/ my Bag End S-15 and was considering getting another Whats your take on the combo of these two? Using SWR 350 or GK MB 150 for non-heavy rock/pop and also Clevinger upright in a jazz guitar duo.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Hey! it's a standard...both are. I use to run an S12 and S15... so I'm kinda familiar.

I think the mini is punchy like the Bagends but centered more in the low mids... deeper feeling too.

not to pitch my own cab... but as a guy that ran an AMP BH-260 into a mini Bagend stack through the 90s, I think the 350 + S15 & Mini12 would be a killer set up for just about anything outside metal and thrash.

like I've said, if no one buys the mini12 I'll be keeping it... I do dig the cab A LOT. The problem is my 400watt / 100lbs tube head wants BIG cab... I pulled the trigger on an SWR 4x12 cab and might consider a 1x15, 2x15 or 1x18 to match up with it (the Bagend S18B-B is at the top of my list) as well.

4. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    WHY MUST THEY BE 4 OHM!?

Bump for great prices

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    BECAUSE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO BE A SINGLE CAB SOLUTION!!!!

and thanks :D

6. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    I actually am a Bag End Artist Endorser and am a hard sell! These cabs sure seem like they are something new and I'm certainly curious. I'm not a tweeter kind of guy but I have added an 8-string to the mix and expect to be getting a 12ver inthe near future and wanted to brighten things up cabinet wise. My hang up is I can hardly even look at anything bigger than the S-15 now that I'm used to the size! I've got a call in right now for my price on several BE cabs including their S-12. If prices were on par, would you still choose the Mini over a BE S-12?

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    tough call.... for a single cab gig the Mini12 hands down. but to be paired with an S15 or for recording (the S12 was my favorite recording cab)... I may have to lean to the S12.

:eek:

no wait... BUY MY CABINET! ;)

I seriously think the Mini12 would add some meat to the S15, the S12 will add more punch.

8. emblymouse

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Thank you sir, on that I will chew a bit!

9. The schro 1210 handles 1000 watts. Not enough for ya? :eyebrow:

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    James, do you remember which Schroeder I was loving at the G2G? Was it the mini 12?

11. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    James,
    may i ask what is the weight of the mini 12?

cheers
    Larry

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    1210... I hadn't scored the mini12 at that point.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    not sure (no scale)... maybe 35ish pounds

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Morning bump... :bassist:

15. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I have the same old style Mini 12+ that James has. It's not the new light version. Mine has a horn and weighs in at 28lbs. It's a killer cab, replacing an SWR 1-15 for me. I'm using it with a loud drummer and powering it with 450 watts.

Great cab and, um, priced for a quick a sale.

16. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    thanks for the bump.... the 1212R just shipped out this morning. Official weight 62llbs!

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    OK, deals struck on both the 1210 and Mini12.... thanks guys! Lock this up once moneys are in hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.