Get'em before they're Nuked!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hambone, May 30, 2002.

1. He doesn't seem to be doing to well in the feed back area.

Seems like these things are always on Ebay, just like the cheap DB's.
  2. Yeah, I read the negative feedbacks. Most seem to be from people that expected a professional grade instrument. Some of those seem to be from other countries. I don't know how they look at these types of transactions.
  3. People sometimes forget the ole' "you get what you pay for."

For $50 in any shape it would be the perfect tool to wake up my room mate with a 7 a.m. practice session. :D

p.s. the shipping is a killer $125
  4. Why do you all want a tuba?

i've seen it some many times now...... people playing tuba as well as DB or bass guitar..... why?
  5. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Its the low frequencies. Can't believe you didn't make that connection, dude...:rolleyes:
  6. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    In this case, the term "tuba" is misleading, in that in the US and UK we associate tuba with the bass voice. Euphoniums are actually tenor instruments, have the same tubing length as trombones, and use the same size mouthpiece. In some countries they're still referred to as "tenor tubas."

It'll still annoy the hell out of your neighbors though...;)
  7. Sousaphone was my first bass instrument. I started in the 7th grade and played for 6 years through High School. I was one of 2 families of brothers that all played Sousaphone. Man, we ruled that town's bass sections from 1969 to 1978! There was always one of us and usually more on stage or on the field at a time. It was an absolute gas! I was selected as an All-County player for some special gigs and and marched in parades.

I was pretty good but didn't ever look at the instrument as much more than something I did in school. I was in a small pit orchestra for a couple nicely produced Community Theater shows, but beyond that, it sure wasn't going to be a career. It was my senior year that I picked up Electric Bass and that was my instrument from then on. Knowing what I've learned from the stringer would be neat to transfer to the horn. And there are actually some gigs (not professional) that I could generate if I got my chops back. The baritone pitch doesn't bother me in the least. I even played a little trombone for a brief time so the mouthpiece could even be smaller without to much adjustment.

Compared to the nothing you find in pawn shops and the wallet busting $500+ instruments that you see most often, this is a decent deal. Not unlike picking up an Essex Bass to customize and goof off with.

And besides it would just be a hoot!
    Ohhhh, y e a h...!:cool:
  8. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    Well you see, if you look at the euphonium, generally compared to the baritone, euphoniums being used on the marching band field and baritone during concert band season. Baritones have a different voicing than a trombone and more tubing than a trombone. Also a trombone has a slide allowing you to change the pitch while the euphonium uses valves. Personally I say screw 'em all and let bassists do the job.