Getta Load of this!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Was just talking about this old thread with someone and thought I'd ressurect it for ya'll to enjoy. There's so many new people here since it was originally posted.

I have a couple of ads up on the internet saying "bassist available for paying or signed situation only". Just got this email (hope the curses get ***ed). I copied it just as it were written.

F*** U *******

who the f*** do you think U are - you are just a low-life
    bassist - the easiest instrument to play - 4 f***ing strings and you have an attitude

it is just cause no one wants to play the bass - that is why there is a shortage of you f***s

try learning a real instrument like guitar or drums, you dickweed loser

paying situations only - f*** U

let me tell U, we are on the verge of hitting it big and U would never be called on with an attitude like yours, loser

keep playing those $50 gigs, we are going for the big time

******* BASSIST - 4 strings, wow!!!!!!

I can learn bass in 6 months, it took me 20 years to be an accomplished drummer and songwriter

Rick from TELL - remember the name TELL.

Guess I gotta start playing drums.
    Spectrum and S-Bigbottom like this.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX so wrong in so many ways...
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    sounds like a total loser with plenty of time and lack of musical (and any) talent.

hope it didn´t get you any sad or something...(i would be actually very mad)...

BTW: did you reply it?...
  4. armidex

Apr 28, 2000
    Australia, Sydney
    wait till merlin gets a whiff about this post
  5. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Well, Joe, I'm glad you didn't post the name of this poor, ignorant, etc, fool.
    He'd be hung in the nearest bush -- at least drowned in poisonous e-mail.....
    Poor soul:(
  6. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    What else can you do than laugh at it? Morons like these have to act more serious and at least use two brain cells to upset me. Don't take it to you, Joe - the author's an idiot, no more.
    Besides, we all know what kind of crappy bands get signed these days.
  7. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    He did not complete the sentence

it should be... we are on the verge of hitting it big and have been for the last 20 years.

As Oyster said dont let it upset you.
    MYLOWFREQ, Need Gigs, obimark and 2 others like this.
  8. fisk

Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I searched for a website, but Tell wasnt much to go on. come on, post that pricks email address so we can all tell him how we feel about his lousy attitude.

9. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Ho hum....Tell ? If anyone likes this name for your band go ahead and take it because 2 months or 2 years from now these guys will have split up and playing cover gigs at the local 60 seat bar on Saturday nights. Hey wait...I do's not so bad!!!
  10. hey give the guy a break. if it took me 20 years to be an "accomplished drummer and songwriter"
    and still played in my moms basement i would be kind of bitter and pissed also.:D
    jamro217 likes this.
  11. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    Sounds like the Fix have changed their name... :D
  12. certainly a lack of taste.

i have a reply for you to send him, but i can't print it here.
  13. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    He is just pissed of that it takes him 6 strings to do what most of us can with 4.( no offense JT) Where and who is this mental midget? I wanna know cuz if he turns up in any ER within a 100 mile radius I can arrange special VIP treatment. Couple battery acid enemas, maybe theraputic castration so this clown cant infect the world with offspring.

Just a thought.

14. EXACTLY what I was thinking!! :D
  15. ouch!

doctor mike,

that doesn't paint a pretty thought!
  16. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

This is a very embittered and angry young man. Plus, he has time to send e-mails to complete strangers, bragging about his (near) accomplishments while belittling the ambitions of others.

Why is he so angry about the "Paying" part of the ad? Could it be that Tell deserately needs a bass player, but can't afford to pay one?

Too bad he chose to "show and Tell" you how rude and egotistical he is. What a jerk!

17. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

that zanderstar sure is a busy guy!
  18. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I'm starting to think I want to write back to this guy. I was just going to ignore him but you guys are giving me such great stuff.

So far I think I'm gonna go with Gruffpuppy or Jason's reply.
    All ideas welcome?

I don't get The Fix references?
  19. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000

Some guy called Zander decided to tell us how great his band was, and how we lacked their image.

One thing I've got to say is, William Tell up there criticises your attitude while calling you an *******, without reason. You should find out where they're playing, go down, introduce yourself, and see what he has to say then. (I'm not advocating violence or anything like that, but I would love to see his face if that did happen...)
  20. brewer9

Jul 5, 2000