Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gettin' me a TRB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Aug 15, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Every week it seems im getting a new bass. Why, i do not know :) Till about 3 days ago i was saving my pennies for a Standard Corvette Rockbass. But the guy who could get my a great deal on this rockbass decided he wanted to sell his TRB, because he just got some fancy neck thru woodgrain BTB heh.

Anyway Bevan told me that this TRB retails for $4750AUS but he will sell it to me for $1100 because he likes me, and wants me to have a chance to get a good bass at a low price. He has fully set this bass up, and has only ever played it twice in the six months he owned it. He even made little woodgrain knobs to match the amber burst color :D

So im saying bub bye rock bass, and hell TRB 5II. I played this beast before i knew i could own it, and i loved it more than any thing i have played in the shop. Ever.

Ash body, Maple Bolt-On Body, Rosewood fretboard, Gold hardware, 5 band EQ, and the best bit, 35".

Im reading a few reviews on Activebass.com and one guy has said:

"The only negative about the sound is that it is a VERY slight thinness in the upper registers for which the EQ can't *quite* compensate without removing sparkle, and it is almost too clean."

Now i have read that over and over and i cannot understand what he is saying. Can someone PLEASE translate!

Anyway heres a *large* picture of the bass, the only difference is that the one im spying is amber burst, and has custom knobs :bassist:

[​IMG]

What does every one else think about the TRB series? Pros, cons?

Thanks alot guys!

-Kirbo

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Bingo ;)

Beautiful aint she! :cool:

3. Dr.SixString

Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    This one looks exactly like my TRB6II just with one string less:D I like the amber burst hi-gloss finish on my TRB6II, very nice bass too, no doubt.