Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gettin my new amp tomorrow

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by old grouch, Jan 9, 2006.

1. old grouch

old grouch "Old Fool? Ya don't get old, bein' no fool!"

I'm posting on the Bass board usually, but thought I'd dip in here to get feedback.

I've been out of music for a long time, but lately caught the GAS again, so in the last 5 weeks, I have bought a twangstick (Fender US Ash Telecaster w/Maple neck) [​IMG] , and then being BASSically a BASS player, I bought a Lakland Skyline 44-02 [​IMG], and then figured that I would need a practice amp, that in a crunch could be used at a small to moderate gig, possible through the board, and maybe freestanding, so I picked up a Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180 Bass Combo Amp [​IMG]

Within 3-4 months tops, I hope to get into a head/cabinet, but until my credit cards heals markedly, I'm at the end of the GAS spree!

Is there no limit to the FUN? :cool:

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Cool!

Congrats!

:D

3. old grouch

old grouch "Old Fool? Ya don't get old, bein' no fool!"

NICE gas page....lotsa goodies..looks like biz/fun is on the upstroke!

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Thanks man!

Actually things have been pretty tight for the last 5 months (various reasons) but I've managed to hang onto most of my stuff.

Hopefully things are like you said, on the upstroke! The more upstroke the sooner I get my head above water!

You know what they say, "What doesn't drown you makes you a better upstroker!".

:D

Joe.