Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gettin' the screws put to you at GC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brendan, Feb 16, 2002.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, up in Amps, they were talking about being ripped off at GC...what are your ripp off stories? GC, Sam Ash, whatever, you know, the major outlets ("The Enemy")?

2. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    That was my rant a few months ago about Musicians Friend.

3. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    In GC's favor I'll say that they took back an Eden VT300 and a David 115xlt cab after about five months.(it took that long to get the footswitch sent to me and the deal was that would be when my 30 days started).

But they had a couple of Pedulla Rapture fives priced at $1499.00 for a black one and I think a couple hundred more for a flame maple model.Then,overnight the price went up Five hundred dollars.That black bass is now priced at $1999.00.I realise it's probably because of a wholsale price increase by Pedulla.In order to replenish their stock,they have to pay more than they did for these basses.Still,I don't recall seeing anyone else do this before.

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    I kinda got ripped off,but the person that bought my kramer got ripped off even worse.

Here it goes...

Well,I brought in my $150 Kramer to trade in for a new bass.They gave me $75 for it.It seemed kinda low but I didnt care because I hated it anyway.
    So I come back a week later and there it is,up on the wall for $200.I was shocked,they were selling for more than it was new!
    I went up to a salesman and acted like I was in the market for a used bass.He took me to the used section and I said something like "why is this bass $200,it usually costs around $150 new".He replied by saying "i think your wrong,stay here,let me go check with my boss".He walked away and never came back.
    After a few weeks I came back again,didnt see the guy and didnt see the bass either.
    I feel really bad for whoever bought that 'hunk-o-junk'.

5. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I once spent $5 for a copy of Bass Player, there. Other than that, i haven't done business w/ them.

6. o1x3w3a2h

o1x3w3a2h

Dec 14, 2001
    Cheektowaga, NY
    to put it plainly, i never had a good experience w/ Musicians Enemy. and to think i gave them a 2nd chance.

7. You got ripped off! ;)

8. They tried to sell me a Mu-tron3+ for $350<b>.98</b> once, the list price is $299 and usually sells for $249. OK, they threw in 51 more dollars which is bad enough but why the hell did they put in the 98 cents??!!