getting a bad hiss from my airline wireless

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by xcental34x, Feb 2, 2005.

1. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I bought a Samson Airline Wireless off of Jammadave last week and the hiss I'm getting from iit makes it unuseable. It'll work fine from two-three feet away, but when I walk into another room, half of my sound is an obnoxious hiss and it cuts out at times. I've tried everything I can, but I still can't get any clearer signal. Anyone got any tips? At this point, I'm considering taking it upto Guitar Center and trying to trade it in for the new Nady bass wireless. I've got a gig I was hoping to use this on, this weekend, but as of now, it looks like I'm going to have to use a cable.

2. fatdawg

Sep 7, 2004
    Make sure that you plugged the base into a well grounded outlet or, fused if not conditioning power strip.
    The in/out could be caused by interference, bad battery, inconsistant voltage, ie spiking.

I ran my samson through a power conditioner I had in my rack and even went as far as uisng Lithium batteries in the pack, it sounded good. I thought.

Best of Luck

3. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Mine has no such trouble. I say check the power outlet. Also check that you're using the correct AC adapter. It runs off 12volts. I didn't realise this initially and tried to daisy chain it to 9v adapter that runs my other pedals. It didn't work too well until I realised my error and switched it to 12V. No troubles since.

4. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Definitely use a REVERSE POLARITY 12 volt adapter...anything else, and it'll sound like crap. Don't use batteries either.