1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting a Berg NV610 tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theleveebreaks, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Thanks to Tim (vroc38). He was great to work with and I'm sure we'll see each other again soon at a GTG.

Anyways, the cabinet is in mint condition, it sounds incredible, and my back is going to LOVE me because I'm switching from an Ampeg 810e.

Get to use it at a gig tomorrow with a friend's Ashdown MAG300 (not a whole lot of power, but great tone). Should be a cool combo.

We've got another 810e to NV610 convert, ha.

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Congrats and welcome to the club...:)

3. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    You are going to love that cab.
    Enjoy!

4. I am really going to dig it, I think I might ultimately pair it with a thunderfunk. That's what I tried it out with (and a Carvin B1500) which I really liked.

5. Congrats!!!!!! not only will U & yr back LOVE it....... ANY amp U pair it with will LOVE it also!! I've yet to hear mine sound anything but awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well done!!

6. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    It sound great with my TFB550-B and HUGE through my Aggie DB750. Go for the Funk.........

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

The club so nice I joined it twice!

No, I don't own two. Bought one, sold it, realized how stupid that was, bought another one.

8. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    Congrats, I'm sure you'll love it. I would love to own the NV610 but my neck won't allow a big cab. The Bergs are built to deliver, I'm sure you'll love it!

9. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT
    Interesting that you say that. It is because of my neck that I like moving my GS412 the most. I find the smaller cabinets (4x10, 1x15, 1x12, etc.) aggravate my condition MUCH more. More bending over, picking up, etc. The bigger cab is "tilt and roll" or "tilt and slide in". I'm a huge fan of the one cab, tilt back, just the right height, built in dolly type of cabinets.

Take care of that neck. :)

10. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    You suck. I have to wait until Tuesday to get my NV215! Sorry, the wait has been extremely hard on me!

11. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    My favorite single cab for whatever I'm playing.

Way easier to move than I expected, and I'm so used to shifting my Ampeg 8x10 (which doesn't see much action now, to be honest) that everytime I tilt back the Bergie it feels like someone removed the speakers.

12. ......

13. Gig report!

Played a short set in a hall in a church (not for a church, just at it) today. All I can say is Jim's the man. This cab has such an unbelievably clean sound. Great bottom with no mud, it's just perfect.

Thanks for everything you guys, I owe you all for steering me in the right direction.

14. GREAT 2 hear!!! Congrats.

15. Hey, does anyone know how to read Jim's serial numbers? I'm curious as to what number NV I have. Not a super big deal, but I'm always interested in production dates and such.

16. Can't help ya there with the dates. My NV610 is a lot easier to move than my Eden xst410. The only problem I have noticed it that, because it is tall, people want to "slide" it on its back off the lip of the stage. :scowl: Pick the bottom up you wussies! Save the back-sliding for your Marshall cabs or trap case. :D

17. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Arkansas
    I just got my NV215 from BassEmporium yesterday. It was a used/demo one with the new tolex covering. It's serial number is 215B1000. I wonder: is this the 1000 one made, or did he start with 1000 and this was the FIRST one made of the second batch! Anyone????

18. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Congrats! Man, I do love those cabs! :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

My first Berg NV610 had an s/n of 610A0001PR... it was one of just a very few pre-production models (indicated by the PR, I believe). My second has an s/n of 610B0006. Obviously the model number comes first, followed by the run designation: A for original, B for reissue.

It is strange that your four-digit identifier is 1000 rather than 0001... but I seriously doubt it's the 1000th NV215! Maybe Jim would know?

20. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    Director of Commercial Sales - Neural DSP
    Whatever you do. keep this cab. I sold mine and was without for 5 months. Suffice to say, those 5 months were so frustrating I sought out another one and bought it.

You're gonna love it.

:bassist: :bassist:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021