1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting a Berg NV610 tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theleveebreaks, Jun 8, 2007.

1. So it appears I have the 208th NV610 made. Not a collectors item by any means, but it's still fun to know.

What a great cabinet, I don't think I can honestly say it enough.

Do you think Jim will ever release a NV118? I am gassing for an NV215 to go along with the 610 but how cool would a 118 be?

2. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I have NV610 #136 I think. Bought used about 2 years ago.

3. davelowell2

davelowell2 Uhh... FaFaFooey is BaBaBooey... Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    NY
    Are all of the NV series cabs numbered in sequence, or are they numbered according to specific cab?

In other words, is my NV425 @ 425A0102 the 102nd in the NV line, or the 102nd 425 made?

Thanks, and sorry for the hijack.

Hope you hang on to that NV, don't make the same mistake others have...

4. hangman

hangman Supporting Member

I have a question for the NV610 users:
    I'm considering one. I'm using a Traynor YBA200: would that be a good match for the 610? My understanding is that the cab is power hungry, but that might have been in reference to the older ones. anyway, I appreciate your opinions.

5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I wanna NV215, I think. :)
    And a DB750 to push it! :D

6. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I haven't seen the cab described as power-hungry, at least relative to its size. I know that one TBer, anderbass, has used one with an Ampeg V4 (100 tube watts). And the NV610 has been described as an excellent match for tube heads in general.

7. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wouldn't call them power hungry at all- they are not the most efficient cabs on the market, but have a pretty high efficiency for a sealed cab- higher than an Ampeg 810 I believe. I've never had to turn my Mesa 400+ above 2 on the Master to be heard through my NV610, and my band is LOUD! I think it would be a perfect match for your Traynor!- My Mesa D-180 is giant through it at only 150 watts or so...

Karl

8. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    The 610 is not power hungry. It sounds great with every amp I have used with it. All solid state, a hybrid pre/power setup, and all tube amps from 100 to 400 watts.

9. hangman

hangman Supporting Member

thanks Guys, glad to hear that about the NV610. I think I feel a GAS bubble coming on.

10. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Silver Spring, eh? You can hear my NV610 in Laurel this Saturday night.

Can't pass up the opportunity to pimp a gig. :p

11. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I read through this thread and didn't see this anywhere...what does the NV610 cab sell for?

12. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    Nevermind...I found the price...

13. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    When I got mine, it was hooked to a YBA200 in the store. I loved the sound and almost walked out of there with both of them but that would have meant a month on the couch instead of just two weeks. ;)

I did feel that the Traynor wasn't quite loud enough, but that wasn't because of the cab. I played the Traynor through a few others and had the same impression. If you are okay with the Traynor's volume with your current rig you should be fine with the NV610. In fairness to the Traynor, I wasn't cranking the snot out of it or playing with a band so it might have cut through just fine. One of these days I'm going to get one and find out. For now it's more than loud enough with my 500 (solid state) watt Thunderfunk.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021