1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting a Flea/Pnut sound out of my new EBS Triple Filter

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Damani311, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Sorry if I've beaten this to death, i just got this triple filter and am having a hard time getting that sort of envelope sound that flea/pnut gets.......i can only make it just sound compressed, or like a full blown auto-wah.....

I know this isn't the exact pedal flea uses, but if someone can help me out....

It has three settings, Hi-Q, Up, and Down
    It has two control knobs, Threshold and Attack

It doesn't seem like the threshold/attack would have that much to do with the different sounds, right? Doesn't threshold just affect how much of the filter comes in depending on your playing, and the attack affects the speed at which the filter comes in (delay/vs. no delay)

Help I'm really confused, I thought this would be it but at this rate it seems like I would have been better off buying a cheaper synth-wah pedal.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    One of the things a lot of people don't realize about dynamic filters is that they are their own instrument, you have to learn to play them. Sure, anyone can plug in and make some neat sounds, but if you want a specific result you have to take the time to learn how to interact with it.

3. i prefer the hi-q sound myself.