1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting a little creeped out over the weather up here! (CANADA)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by PersonalTraynor, Dec 20, 2011.

1. PersonalTraynor

PersonalTraynor

Jan 14, 2011
    Lady parts, Canada
    peaveyTraynor freakazoid...
    Hey.
    Its December 20th and its +5 degrees celsius up here!
    also, its going to be close to if not over the freezing mark
    until well after Christmas!

Normally its HELLA cold up here this time of year.

I wonder what gives?:eyebrow:

2. Jinro

Jinro

Oct 9, 2011
    West TN
    We're having odd weather too. It's already snowed twice here (it usually only snows once a year, around January/February), but one week the highs are in the 40s (F) and the next week it's in the 60s (F). These weekly weather changes are giving me some annoying headaches.

3. It snowed here at the start of the month, not very much, melted the same day.

We still have some snow on the hills.

Apparently Christmas is forecast to be about 15 celsius, which is pretty warm, considering last year we were hitting on minus 20!

4. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I'm diggin it! Went for a nice ride on Sunday with some friends. We are hoping to go on a Christmas eve ride if the weather holds out.

5. Weird weather here in Texas too, it's usually 30-40 (F) this time of year, but it's been in the 50-60s and is suppose to be the same for as far as the forecasts can show. Don't know what's going on.

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Celestial bodies are a-movin'!

7. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
  8. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    We're getting a smooth winter over here so far in comparison to a few years back. It's still pretty cold, but not as much precipitations.

9. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    NB Canada or New Jersey?

10. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Canada

11. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    'Here' is not the rest of the world.

12. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Brown Christmas here, too. It's 40 and sunny in North Dakota. Definitely not in the Christmas mood...

13. Yeah baby... Supposed to be 9 degrees tomorrow in southwestern Ontario.

14. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Neither is Canada.........

15. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    No it isn't either.

So what do you think about it? That the reports are wrong and we have not had 13 of the hottest years on record in the last 15?

16. PersonalTraynor

PersonalTraynor

Jan 14, 2011
    Lady parts, Canada
    peaveyTraynor freakazoid...
    Well it just hit +6 degrees here (Southern Saskatchewan) and its 3:30pm December 20th...

Yikes!

17. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Nope, I think that Global Warming will not be proven by looking out your window. 30 years ago all the data leaned towards proving Global Cooling and all the same crap happened, A SECOND ICE AGE OMG WE R DOOMED!!!!!!

Your the one who brought Global Warming into the discussion, I just do not buy it personally. The earth does and has gone through natural climate changes in it's lifetime. I have not seen any evidence to sway me towards thinking that it is Human Beings fault and I certainly do not see how paying Al Gore to buy a "Carbon Credit" will reduce pollution.

OK let the "you don't buy Global Warming?!?!?!?!?! you must be an idiot" flaming begin *sigh*

And for the record, snow is caused by cloud systems and moisture, not temperature. It can be 20 below zero and still have no snow but living in Canada , I think you already know that ;)

18. In Toronto, at least where I live, most of the grass is still green. 9C and rain for tomorrow!! I personally truly appreciate these winters.

19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I agree that the Earth goes through natural climate changes as well, and I dont think we're really seeing evidence that humans are causing any of this climate change. However, I'm of the opinion that the pollution and destruction we have caused to the planet, especially since the beginning of Industrialization, cannot be good for us. Whether or not it has anything to do with climate change is a seperate matter, IMO.

I believe that its caused by cloud systems and moisture in conjunction with temperature, as the moisture needs to reach a freezing temp in order to solidify into snow.