1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Getting a Martin Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZuluFunk, Mar 9, 2004.

1. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Finally my wife broke down. I wanted an acoustic. We live near the Martin factory and many of our neighbors work there (so I can get one at like half price).

They don't project very well. The tone is nice on the B-1 and B-15. The Fishman Prefix works very well too.
    I'm thinking of getting the new special edition X-series aluminum top bass. It has a thinner body. Since I know it's not going to be very loud acoustically, I think I'm going to go for that one. I'm more concerned about good electronics. Plus, I'll be less concerned about humidity and dings.

I think it's pretty cool.
    Has anyone played an X-series bass?
    I've played the X-series guitar and didn't really like the tone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    With the warrantee service they provide, seeing as they are 2 blocks or so down the road, I don't worry about any factory flaws.

I'm hoping to set up a taste test among their models though at the factory.

3. ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    MY BASS IS READY!!! :hyper:
    I'm picking it up at the plant today!!!

Super!!! I'll give an update after I bang around on it and then a review after Tuesday's rehearsal...then another after the next gig.

I anticipate it's going to sound "good enough" acoustically, and really hairy and dynamic plugged in. I'm not overly concerned with the tone though...I have the tone I want from my Smith and Acacia...but this thing looks so cool.