Getting a new bass...Need a new amp...HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by OxhadokenxO, Aug 5, 2002.

1. I'm getting a Essex SJB-62 really soon as my second bass, My begginers one I have outgrown..I've also outgrown my amp...or I need a new one....I'm playing on a crate guitar amp with a music speaker my dad put in..So I think I'm due for one. I don't need one to annoy the neighbors or anything...Just good enough for my living room and maybe a SMALL gig...How many watts do I need? My budget is under $200 I found this Rogue amp that looks nice...I know most don't like Rogue basses but what about the amps? It fits nicely in my price can see it here

Thanks alot.
  2. Don't get the Rogue. Just trust me on that. I'm not sure what combos are under $200, though. Just don't get that Rogue.
  3. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Dont get the Rogue... save your money until you can get something bigger.
  4. dsmith

Mar 29, 2001
    Mt. Vernon, KY
    Check the for sale items here on Talkbass. I am selling a Peavey Basic 112 that fits your description perfectly. I think we could probably work out something in your price range.
  5. Ok The Rogue is out of question....The most pressing question I have is what wattage do you think I need for what I stated I plan to be doing with it? The CRAPO music store around here has like...10 watt...25 watt and 35 watt....Everything else has to be special ordered....and since I have no clue what I need I just can't go and order something and be stuck with it.
  6. For practicing and small gigs, 100 watts would do.
  7. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    I agree with snaggletooth, my recommendation would be to save $300 bucks and get a Carvin PB100-10 or PB100-15