Getting a new bass.. (Probobly a 5 String)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sageknight, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Sageknight

Aug 17, 2005
    New York
    Hey everyone.
    My name is Salvatore (SageKnight).. And I have about 1 1/2 of bass EXPERIENCE. I've been playing bass since about early Fall, 2003.. But I have to be honest.. I really couldnt have the time to pick up the bass,(I was out in a "residential/correctional facility") so i'm counting those month's when I actually practiced my chop's alot. (I practice pretty much everyday, and everyday just about fit some time in my day to practice)..

Anyway.. I am thinking of buying a 5 string..
    I'm not into that whole "Drop Tune/Detune/Low... LOW end" thing.. But I am probobly going to tune the 5 string in a different tuning then BEADG.. (It's still debated, so I don't really know)..

Anyway, I play alot of Heavy Metal/some grunge: Metallica, Nirvana, SOME Pantera, Ozzy Osbourne, Stone Sour, etc...

I have about 550-650 dollars in my price range..

Heres what I was thinking about buying:

ESP 5 String Bass
    Fender P-Bass 5 String/Squier P-Bass 5 String
    Rock Bass/Warwick 5 String
    Insert your opinion (if any) here..

I am going to (probobly) out fit them with some Dimarzio's or Emg's or Dunkin's later.. But for now.. that's all within my price range..

Any opinions/thought's??
    I'm not sure if I'm going to use distortion, so I guess i'll be updating this post as soon as I get some new information..

Other Information: I love to play metal alot, but I also like to groove. Cliff Burton, Jason Newstead, Geezer Butler, and Robert Trujillo are great examples of what id love to do when playing bass in my band..
    I love to play metal riff's and just go ruthless and head banging.. But on the other hand.. I also like to go up high on the neck, groove, and lay down a beautiful chordal bassline/fill's..
    I'm definitly more of a "Trujillo" then a "Rex "Rocker" Brown (Pantera) or a "Paolo Jr. (Sepultura)".

Please reply if you can help!! Thank's!!