Getting a new bass !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David-Adler, Jun 24, 2001.

1. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany

well I visited a local music store yesterday, just to check when my Spector would arrive. They told me that it would be here in about 4 Weeks, and that the order could still be canceled. Of course I didn´t want to cancel, but I looked around a bit and found a Phantom Mephisto I Five-String. Played it and.. WOW I was in love. Only disadvantage: It has only one (MM Style) Pickup. But it sounded so GREAT. So I checked the prices.

I found out that the price was about $1250 for a Fiver so I went with it. I thought to myself.. F*CK Dual Pickups, F*CK Exotic Woods and canceled the Spector-Order and ordered a Mephisto I Five String in Black, with the Additional 3-Band Parametric E.Q. and the Piezo Bridge.

Here is a picture from their page:

2. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Nifty. I've never heard of Phantom; are they German? Also, how can you afford all that stuff????
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Nice bass. Congrats!!!!

If the dealer was so quick to say he'd cancel the order on the Spector, IME, he probably never ordered it. Then again, you might of bought all of your equipment from him & he didn't mind canceling the order. In any event, you got a really nice bass!!!

Eat bread & water for breakfast, lunch & dinner. LOL :D
  4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Looks more like a mid-position pickup than bridge pickup, but maybe it's just the angle. Cool bass, congrats! Now WHERE did they get the idea for THAT headstock? :D
  5. NightVampZ

Jun 22, 2001
    Really nice bass. I can't wait for the end of the summer so that I will hopefully have the money to go and buy myself a five string. (Haven't decided what kind yet, and I am going to have to buy used... But, my current Bass was used and it is great!)

6. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    That's probably one of the few maple necked basses that I like! I like it. It's sorta "I Rock" bass fused with a "I'm Nice" bass...know what I mean?'s almost agressive, but not quite, you know, suggesting that you could either be cool and melodic, or just rock the house down. I like that in a bass.
  7. David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany

I also found out that the thing has a Series / Parallel Switch..

Wow, this will give me versatility. Active / Passive. Series / Parallel... and the piezo... and the parametric 3-Bander..