Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

getting a new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassgiant15, Jan 26, 2006.

1. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    i was looking at buying a new bass soon. i was wondering how spector euros play? none of the local music stores around carry them. Can anyone let me know how they play, how the tone is, etc.?

2. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    They play like a dream! :bassist:

Ergonomicially designed body, great action and a full range of tones from dub to treble-death ;)

They are particularly known for their punch & growl but are expressive whether you prefer the grit of an SVT, the sterility of an SWR/GK :bag: or the clarity of an Eden.

The only thing to watch is the 'Tone-Pump' pre-amp. It is VERY hot so you may need to tame it by cutting back on the volume on the bass and/or EQing accordingly.... this isn't a problem if you take your time...

Give it a go if it sounds like your thing! :)

3. didier

didier

Aug 4, 2005
    NC
    HEY NOW!!!!

here's a second cheer for Spectors. I have one that for some reason I have felt compelled to replace, and have been trying a few other basses to fill it's place, but I haven't found anything I like more.

And it even sounds good through my GK :D

4. Spectors are great.They feel great,sound great and play great.I own three Euros.Have generally done the rounds of every other mass producer (Yamaha,Ibanez,G&L,Fender,Warwick etc.) and have generally sold every other bass but my Spectors are keepers.