Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Getting a new/used bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by raycer, Aug 2, 2004.

1. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Dean Edge 5 string

It was a trade in at the music shop. I liked it's sound, and was pretty cheap for a first 5 string.

It has 2 EMGHZ pups (unlike the newer ones I hear)

Money is a bit tight so I put a deposit on it and will pick it up in a few weeks probably, but GAS hit me good at the shop and I decided to spring for it ;)

The color is a bit odd to some (Trans Power Purple) and doesn't photograph well, and looks pink in the pic I found online, but it really isn't pink at all :)

[​IMG]

2. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Good choice!! I currently play a Dean Q5 with the EMG HZ's...
    I love the dean neck, and the body sits well when strapped up. The tone has a wide range, and can be used in many different settings. Great way to enter the 5'er world.... welcome :cool:

3. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Thanks. I liked the feel of the neck as well. It felt comfortable to play though the 5th string kept throwing me off :)

4. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas

Once you get it and play for about 2 weeks, you will go back to a 4 and think, "How do I play this thing again? " :smug:

If you have any questions about it , let me know... I will help as much as possible..... I noticed in the pic that it has 3 knobs? Mine has 4... what is the set up on yours? do you know yet?

Oh, and FYI, my personal choice on strings is dean markley blue steel 45-125.. i have tried many different sets, they sound the best so far.....

5. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    It only had 3 knobs like the one in the pic. Thanks for the offer to help :)

6. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    nice bass!! i had a Q6 dean it played great!! :D

7. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    PINK BASS!

YES!

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My gf is getting a pink bass. Heh, pink basses are the most masculine of them all.

9. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    If you can pull it off then why not.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Heck yea. It looks like an alright bass too.

11. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    It is not pink damn it ;)

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Psh, in denial.. ;)

13. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    what? is it more like "lightish red"??? They already have a word for that..... PINK... :D

hehe j/k ... I know its purple... its so much more masculine.... ;)

14. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    hey Figjam...
    A little off the subject but... I may get that Godin SD5 sooner than I thought.. maybe like by the end of the week.... I'll let you know if I do.....

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice. You'll enjoy it. Once you get it set up nicely, they play like butter.

16. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Just make sure you don't get it in Pink...

17. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    LOL, you guys are too much