Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

getting a used mim jazz.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwickben, Feb 8, 2003.

1. i went to gc to look at prices on pickups, and amps. i was trying out a svt 3 and i played this used mim jazz bass, and really liked the feel.is 200 a good deal on a used mim . its in good shape(to bad)

2. new MIM j-basses are, like, $380 or something. so that's a pretty good deal.

3. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Not a bad deal at all. They are around 400 retail, so yes, 200 is quite nice.

Ive played MIM fenders that were much better than some MIA fenders, so, if it feels right, by all means!

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you like the bass...buy it!!! $200 is a very good price and it's a great price for a bass that you really like.

I paid $200 for a used MIM P bass and despite the fact that I have a couple of USA Fenders, I really like the Mexi better...

Some of them are really special...

You better go get it tomorrow or it will be gone...if it already isn't.

I've learned with GC it's better to buy and then decide rather than ponder and miss out.

5. sorry forgot to say i all ready paid 25 bucks so they wount sell it. iam getting it,monday when my bank is open. my dad is going to lie to my mom and tell her i had it on layaway.hahahha.it was on lay away but was never picked up.i think thats why it was so cheap.
    it had dead strings and high action but i liked it.i played a few new fenders that day and it felt the best.can't wait till monday new strings and all mine. can u fit a p bass pickup in the middle of the 2 jazz pickups. that and my trem that i might add will make a good bass sicker.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Well that's cool...

Sounds like a cool dad...why's mom always the one? Actually when I was a teen, my mom was the supportive one..

Why booger it up with an extra pup and a trem?

If you're not aware, there's a good article on set up on the Mr. Gearhead section of Fender's web site.

I've found that DR Hi Beams sound great on Fender basses.

Enjoy!!!

7. hey just got it home. gave 1/4 turn of the trust rod plays like a dream.iam replaceing the bridge tonite with a goth Or some thing i cant rember the name. i have to decied if i want to add the kahler trem or not to this bass.