getting another warwick

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jobu3, Nov 5, 2002.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i'll be getting this in about a month:

the price is right and it's in desperate need of some better strings but the tone is definitely there!!! i can't wait!!!

2. Congrats! Warwick Acquisition Day is always something to look forward to...but I am here to ask a question.
    With a name like FNA4, why you gonna buy an ugly Fortress R&B? Have you seen my sunburst FNA4 for sale (yes, the one in the avatar)?? I recently had another W.A.D. (see above), getting a second FNA4 (natural finish) of which I am quite fond. I now lust for a Jazzman 5, thus the all-wenge-necked sunburst is up for consideration. I only want it to go to a good home, and there is already some interest. I guess I shoulda PM'd ya...but that might blow your WAD (yes, you knew I was gonna lead up to that pun!)
    Sorry no digital camera, so no pix of the new axe yet. Plenty of performance shots of the sunburst in the thread or at
  3. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    nice! fortresses have great balance, something that you can't say about every warwick.

something that's always struck me as odd is how the P on the fortress goes one way, and the P on the ss1 goes the other way. i like the fortress config better :confused:

it's going to be a while before i can blow my WAD again. it'll be an SS1 4 string i believe, unless the 6 string thumb starts tearing up my tendons - then i'll sell it and get a 5 string fretless. but i seem ok so far. or maybe a jazzman or masterman. hmm...

congrats :D
  4. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    fortress is the shape i prefer on Warwick basses, i love the PJ configuration too.

enjoy the bass!
  5. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Congratulations on your choice. Fortress has prefect fit, at least for me.:D Since I've got 5str Fortress sounding good is easy. Enjoy your new bass
  6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    thanks! i will...
    and plankspanker, one corvette fna is more than enough for me, but i appreciate the offer... ;)
  7. ..'salright!
    ...and nice to see someone else has bought into the WAD concept. Keep those WAD threads comin!
    (why do I get the feeling someone's gonna use that quote somewhere with heightened double entendre?...guess that's why they call it the blues)
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Nice bass.

I myself am hankerin' for a Thumb 5 (B/O N/T) in Nirvana black, prefferable pre '98... good luck, eh? :rolleyes:
  9. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    never seen a thumb in anything other than bubinga or ovangkol natural stains: of course that doesn't mean they're not out there.... :confused: