Getting back at an OLD friend??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by morty25, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Hey all, i havent been around for ages but im back. Any in the period if been gone my band split up because of the GUITARIST (wouldnt you know!) any hes beeing real ignorant about it. Hes joined a new band and the drummer and they keep braging. any way i could get them back????

2. good idea. now where are those damn Kucklebusters???? ummm
  3. joke

Sep 17, 2001
    Flame throwers always work.
  4. buy two alarmclocks with electrical chords.

Instant bola.
  5. Why would you want to get back at people who left of their own accord?

I say good riddance! Revenge is a normal human emotion, but, I always remember what an old friend (now deceased) once told me in a pub: "Good living is the best revenge."

Start another band and be that much better than them. I know it sounds easy, but, left unchecked vengeance can consume you.

Just my $.02

Mike J.
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    go to their show...

bring kazoos

7. You could just ignore them, get some other musicians to replace them, practice your @$$e$ off, and crush them where it counts, with your musical ability. Then, when they have seen your new band, and realize what a tragic mistake they've made, you can act kindly toward them as if they did you a favor by leaving so your new band could become better than it could have been with them. It will drive them nuts.

Or you could just ignore them.
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Fire ants work pretty well.

Of course he didn't actually do anything worthy of revenge, but some senseless violence is always good for a laugh.
  9. Anything involving plungers. I'm all in favor of plungers.

Rock on
  10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    The best revenge is to live a good life.
  11. And exlax!
  12. Deliver a pet sized casket to his house, with a note in side "This may come in handy soon."

Don't actually do that... :D
  13. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX

That's a great idea.

If you're going to do something do this one .
  14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thats so should to that to sumone...

you send a casket his size....

15. nah, that wouldn't work, not only is it a death threat (prosecutable), but human caskets are just too damn expensive
  16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Go to their gig and sob uncontrollably. Works every time.

The best part is, you might get a free hanky.
  17. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Entirely true. I once went through a bad band break up because of a singer. The guitar players went with him and so me and the bass player (I played drums at the time) formed a band with some other friends. They only lasted a few months before they broke up while the band my friend and I started lasted much longer and played more shows than they did.
  18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You could always take an English class, and send them an articulate, concise letter with properly spelled words expressing your disdain for them. They will feel SO stupid.