1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Getting back into it, Ibanez ATK or MIM P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chaser1, Aug 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Chaser1

Chaser1

Aug 24, 2010
    Canada
    I have been away from playing bass for a while as I have been playing the dreaded G-word, but am looking to get back into it. I mainly would be playing some rock and funk maybe a little blues. I found a good deal on a 2004 MIM precision and a 1995 Ibanez ATK300. I have played both over the years and liked each. What are your thoughts?

2. FugaziBomb

FugaziBomb

Jun 5, 2017
    I just played a brand new MIM P and hated pretty much everything about it. I have, on the other hand, never crossed paths with an ATK, but I have a lot of other Ibanez gear and have liked all of it.

3. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    If it's opinions you want...
    I have a 2000 MIM Precision, and it's become a favourite. Nothing wrong with it at all. Great pickups for rounds.
    ATK models have a whole different sound. I don't have one, so I can't say how versatile they are.
    Have you considered the Ibanez TMB series? Active PJ or PJJ. Nice players, great sound. Same kind of money.

4. Definitely an ATK or a SRX:

350114692811-2.