Getting back into playing

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by Slap bass Lucas, Nov 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Slap bass Lucas

Slap bass Lucas

Oct 15, 2016
    I've played upright for 10 years now, and I was without for 2 years... I got my newest bass about a year ago. Well I originally learned from tabs and took it from there. But I've been having a hard time getting back into the swing of things.... When I started there was a hell of a lot more online resources. Now there's none.

Is anyone aware of some tab resources for rockabilly/psychobilly songs? Or anything of the sort? All of the sites I used to use are all downsides I'm kinda lost and stuck in a rut.

2. bassburner

bassburner Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I've never had any luck finding decent tab or sheet music resources for rockabilly songs and definitely nothing for psychobilly. I just use guitar chord sheets from UG or where ever.

3. jasonrp

jasonrp

Feb 19, 2015
    vt
    I'm not aware of any either. I'll try and find a tune with google search or on youtube, but I usually end up just figuring out the key and winging it.

4. Listen to Rockabillyradio.net Lots of good rockabilly songs to play along with. You can also get them from YouTube. Good luck. :thumbsup:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021