1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Getting back to my roots

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by CultofJay, May 3, 2010.

1. CultofJay

CultofJay

May 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Hey forum. Glad to be a member here finally. Talk Bass shows up on so many Google searches I've done in the past that I thought it's about time I just give in and join :smug:

I've been playing guitar since I was 14, bass since I was 16. I love guitars, but I just feel at home on the bass. I've played in my high school's jazz ensemble and started playing the double bass my junior year which I fell in love with. I played for about 8 years, then financial disaster struck and I had to sell all of gear! I've just recently started building my collection back up again after a 5 year absence.

I just bought an Ibanez SR500 recently after being a Fender man all my life. It's a great bass that just feels right. So, I'm looking around at J-basses and I came across an ebay auction that seemed a little too good to be true (the headstock decal doesn't look right either)...I'm a little confused about the ebay policy here. Is it not ok to post links to auctions? Just don't want to break the rules my first day here haha.